Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried my Gilmour foam gun for the first time today and it is a great wash tool. I tried with some elcheapo Blue Coral soap and it lather and foam alot at the lowest 1oz/gal setting. What setting do you guys usually set your foamers at ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I could be wrong about this....but....here goes! You could probably run almost streight soap in the container (diluted just enough to make liquid...half soap, half water maybe?) And use the lowest soap/water setting, or use highly diluted soap, and use the high setting. It`s something that I need to toy around with more. One of the more experienced members may chime in. Currently I`m using method 2 tho.....if that makes any diffrence

Post Thanks / Like
    I mix "about" 25/75 soap/water in a gallon jug. Then it is ready to pour into foamer when needed.
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    With regular car wash liquid (PB SS&S, NXT, etc), I`ve been using about 1 oz plus about 2/3 of the container filled with softened water from the kitchen tap. Settings on the foam gun - well, I have it pulled all the way to the left. I like this combo. Have also tried the Eagle One Car Wash in a Bottle and at these settings it produced an exceptional amount of suds, but seemed to also leave more residue on the car.

Got faom samples from AG yesterday and used about 1.25 oz, 2/3 of the container with softened water and foam gun setting in the middle. worked well, but probably should have played with the settings more to get thicker foam.

Earlier I just started a similar thread at AGonline.net for input and feedback.
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like
    Noting that my wash technique with the foamgun might be different from what some people are doing. Because I`m after foam that`ll work with my "dislodge and flush" approach, I don`t want it too thick/foamy; I want it to flow through the bristles of the BHB or the nap of my mitt and to do so with some force.

I mix up about 4-6 ounces of Griot`s Car Wash per ~gallon of water, all in a gallon jug (that`s 4-6 oz shampoo plus enough water to almost fill the jug). I fill/refill the foamgun from that jug and use the weakest/most diluted setting for most washes. If the vehicle`s really dirty (winter/especially dirty panels/etc.) I`ll use a stronger setting, but the weakest one is usually OK.

Also note that I`m still dunking my mitt/BHB in wash solution in addition to using the foamgun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put 3 ounces in my bottle (I have the larger one) and use 6:1 on the gun with 1z perls. I can do an entire car, wheels (and wells) with that ratio the way I wash.

Thread Information