Post Thanks / Like
    ok for those who are mobile....no tank or generator, using the house stuff....

on a silverado, black, extracab, swirls/spider webbing....wants it cleaned up, but I told him not to expect show car quality because it sits outside and is washed only every couple of weeks and he takes it to the swirly tunnel, so there is no need to pay me 400 bucks to get it perfect....he appreciated the honesty!

going to do the following....

wash, clay, rinse

megs 80

topped with nxt

vacuum out inside

clean wheels

dress tires and extrior trim

all for the cost of 150 bucks....sound about right???

I figure clay will take about 1 hour

polish about 2 hours

wash and rinse about 45 minutes

vacuum and dress trim about 30 minutes

clean windows about 10 minutes

total time about 4.5 hours making it about 30 an hour minus product useage and gas to get out there....about 45 minutes from my house one way...

Post Thanks / Like
    If he is fine with 150 then do it. I did a similar black truck, and charged 125, im on the lower side though. I did 60% of the truck 2 stage with a rotary then 100% 2 stage DA topped with some sealant. They can come out better than you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    wants it cleaned up, but I told him not to expect show car quality because it sits outside and is washed only every couple of weeks and he takes it to the swirly tunnel, so there is no need to pay me 400 bucks to get it perfect....

In most cases you will find that it is always better to explain to a potential customer what it is that you know you can do to improve and enhance the appearance of their vehicle, rather than telling them what it is they should not expect. Then let the customer decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    well yeah, I told him I can get it pretty close to perfect with time and different products, but that will cost a lot more, and I explained that most of those cars are garage kept, only seeing little driving time if any. I also asked if he would continue to use his regular wash methods and he said yes....so I told him I could do it for 400 bucks, but i dont think that he will benefit from it because he will not take care of the truck like he should for spending that much money...he agreed and didnt want to spend 400 bucks either....so we came to the conclusion that he just wanted it cleaned up, majority of the swirls removed, and for the paint to look good again. After all, this truck gets taken to the desert every once in a while to watch races and offroad a little bit...so there is no point in perfecting the paint only to have it messed up the next week in both our opinions...

Post Thanks / Like
    wow...very good price.....here in NY a 5 hour comprehensive detail is worth over $200

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah that is something else that I was thinking....I charged too little for what I am going to do.....oh well, little business is better than no business....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    yeah that is something else that I was thinking....I charged too little for what I am going to do.....oh well, little business is better than no business....

What were you going to do for $400. besides rip the poor guy off. Seriously though what were your going to do? wet sand/6 stage buff?
    Detail ME

05 Tacoma TRD sport

99 Audi A4

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds reasonable, espcially for your area.

I don`t recommend multi-step mega details for cars that aren`t going to be meticulously maintained either. Waste of my time and their money.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I don`t recommend multi-step mega details for cars that aren`t going to be meticulously maintained either. Waste of my time and their money.

Sounds like we are all on the same page with our thinking. There is nothing worse than taking a vehicle up to a very high level of perfection, only to see it degrated downward a few months later.

There is no point in doing well, that which should not be done at all.

Thread Information