Post Thanks / Like
    I went two days at the paint with a orange, yellow, and white pad with Optimum polish. I even tried some SSR2.5 even though I don`t like how it leaves so many mirco marring. I got most of the swirls out that you could see with the sun, but could not touch grounds on the scratches that were in the paint and could only be seen closely or with bright light. I washed clayed and did everything you could do for prep. I tried different speeds and different amounts of product. Here are my results:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    There was no sun out so I could not get any better pics. Also, I could not get the scratches I am talking about to appear on camera. I also have pits all on my hood and roof. What could be done to get them out along with some acid rain spots and bug spots? I am going back to using Zaino because I did not like the shine or how long the CMW and VM lasted. Also, did not keep things from sticking to paint like the Zaino did.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not having luck removing scratches either hmm there has to be a trick to this

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Ford clear coat hard. It takes forever to take anything out.

Post Thanks / Like
    To really remove bad scratches, you`re going to need a rotary. Or at least a heavy compound (SSR3, PowerGloss) via PC/Cyclo. I have not had any real luck in removing bad scratches via PC and a mild compound. It might do a pretty good job on swirls, but when the big scratches come out, I reach for a rotary, optimum hyper compound, and 3000grit sandpaper.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, when working with a pC and light polish (or even a heavy compound) there`s a certain level of imperfections you have to decide to live with. I just finished another Audi yesterday, and after 3 hours of polishing and compounding and 6 pads, i just accepted what I had. My rotary was broke so I went as far as I could with OHC and a Yellow Pad with some heavy pressure and then worked my wax to wax. I got major defects out, but I still could see little "nicks" and "cuts" in the sun (albeit at some ridiculous angles ). Some paints are just so damned hard. The more you work on it over the next couple of months, the better and closer to perfection it will get every time.

Thread Information