Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, should I use it? I already clayed them, and then used SG on them for protection.

What should I use to protect them better, besides SG since its my temporary way of solving my problem.

I dont care how much the product is, but I need somthing that makes the wheels feel/look great and also lasts a good amount of time.

Thanks

-Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    apply wax to there wheel is a big NO NO j/k no actually its good beacause it stays clean a little longer but the most improtant is it cleans easier and it protect it....so yes, i too was using a automotive wax now some say it will work other say no for the longest i said yes but that just me other mentioned no durability but i guess you can just keep reapply to take care of the durability...but recently i placed an order for PB wheel sealant see how it works out for me...but im sure others will chime in on what they use and suggest which wheel wax have they had the best results....
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    ya I assumed all of that. Still trying to figure out if this is worth it or not. (Buying products and such)

Thanks for the response ! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I use wheel wax on my cars because BMWs are infamous for generating brake dust and the wheels on my Z4 are a serious hassle to clean properly. Works pretty well.
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe, black/black

2009 Smart ForTwo, white/black/gray

Post Thanks / Like
    I too was thinking about investing in some PB wheel wax,at the moment I have just been using AIO on the wheels I also found changing from OE pads to harder aftermarket ones cut down significantly on the dusting issue,maybe someone can chime in who has gone from a normal wax/polish/sealant on wheels to a dedicated one?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use AIOx1/SGx3 -- the wheel wax products I tried just didn`t match the sheen the Klasse twins give me.

Post Thanks / Like
    845 Insulator Wax
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I use wheel wax. I like it. I also top it with FMJ on my car. I have BBS RC`s (Mesh) on my VW, my car doesn`t dust too badly, but I clean them once a week anyways. With the wheel wax it definitely makes them easier to clean, but with that being said just about anything that coats the wheel should make them easier to clean. Usually tar comes off with soap and water, or just water. I`ve used it on new wheels and old wheels and have always been happy with it (painted, polished with CC, and Chrome).

The wheel wax is supposed to be heat treated or something like that to better withstand the heat generated by braking. (On a side note I plan to try it on my exhaust tips hoping it can withstand the heat, but I doubt it) It also has cleaning properties so it cannot be layered. It does clean stuff off that wouldn`t come off with the Bug and Tar remover. It`s not really expensive so I`d say get it if you don`t care about the $13-15. If you do care then stick with Klasse.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 845 insulator wax, but there seems to be many who go the AIO/SG route. Also others use something like Poorboy`s.

They all help in keeping dust from adhering to wheels, and facilitate cleaning them. I`m guessing that they all have their own "look" on the wheel, so it could dome down to the type of wheel, personal preference, and which products you may already have on hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any quality sealant will protect and serve the same function as "wheel wax."

Nothing is going to completely prevent brake dust from accumulating. Applying a sealant to the wheels just helps the wheel to be easier to maintain/clean and prevents pitting issues when sealed regularly.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    What TigerMike said :xyxthumbs

Nothing I`ve tried works better than mutiple layers of KSG (minimum of four). Topping the outer side with UPP will improve the looks a little and helps make them easier to clean (slicker than the KSG). Then just clean with a slightly stronger-than-normal wash solution (not wheel cleaner).

Heh heh, having just bought an E36 M3, my solution is ceramic pads and easier-to-clean aftermarket wheels No way will I struggle with those OE wheels, life`s too short.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    What TigerMike said :xyxthumbs

Nothing I`ve tried works better than mutiple layers of KSG (minimum of four). Topping the outer side with UPP will improve the looks a little and helps make them easier to clean (slicker than the KSG). Then just clean with a slightly stronger-than-normal wash solution (not wheel cleaner).

Heh heh, having just bought an E36 M3, my solution is ceramic pads and easier-to-clean aftermarket wheels No way will I struggle with those OE wheels, life`s too short.
    So is the final word, "A couple layers of SG with do you just fine "

heh, you cant complain to me about hard to clean OE wheels, I have the 10 spoke staggered setup

Post Thanks / Like
    In a weak moment I bought Poorboys wheel sealant right after buying wheel wax. For the heck of it, I applied the sealant on one side and the wax on the other. After two weeks I was seeing water spots and other grime that wouldn`t easily come off on the wheel wax side, but on the wheels treated with the sealant, I saw easily twice the durability.

I tried a couple of paint care products (Four Star UPP and Poorboys EX-P) on my wheels, but they seemed to break down pretty quickly. Now I apply two light coats of wheel sealant every six weeks or so with solid results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom
    I tried a couple of paint care products (Four Star UPP and Poorboys EX-P) on my wheels, but they seemed to break down pretty quickly.

Granted, those products are not known for their durability or highly protective qualities, and I am not surprised they wouldn`t hold up long on wheels.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Poorboys wheel sealant on my bare polished aluminum wheels and it has proved to be pretty durable. Measuring durability on uncoated wheels is pretty easy to do.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information