Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, as you can see this is my first post - I have been reading for the past couple of weeks. First let me say what a fantastic site this is.....I find myself becoming addicted to detailing and I haven`t even started yet!

I am about to purchase some products and I`d like to hear everyone`s thoughts. Keep in mind that I will be going at it by hand for now.....a PC is not quite in my budget at the moment although I plan to get one soon!

Here`s what I have already or am planning on buying for my somewhat neglected 2K2 Maxima:

- Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash

- Mother`s Clay Bar

- Poorboys SSR2

- Klasse AIO

- Klasse SG

- Collinite 845 (Durability)

- Natty`s Blue (Looks)

- Simple Green (clean rims)

- Meguiars Gold Class Endurance

- Meguiars Plastx

- Meguiars ScratchX

- Lexol leather cleaner/conditioner

- Stoner`s IG

- Meguiars Mirror Glaze #40

- Scotch Guard (carpets)

- Turtlewax Bug & Tar Remover

- Turtlewax colorcure (paint chips)

- HandJobber Essentials Kit (http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?...bberKit&cat=27)

- Sheepskin Wash Mitt

- Meguiars Waffle Weave drying towel

- Various MF towels and applicators

Please give me your honest thoughts. Keep in mind that in my climate, durability is the most important thing to me (although I still want something that looks good!)

One question I have.......does adding a wax over top of Klasse SG add anything in terms of durability?

Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash has served me very well over the years....cheap, available locally (Target), and I don`t see any reason to spend more. This is a very good soap.

Klasse Twins....I`ve been using them forever, sure there`s stuff out there that looks better and/or applies easier (and I will be trying it all this summer on my new car :getdown ), but once you learn how to apply SG, no other LSP I`ve seen is as durable and long lasting. Topping with a carnuba is well worth the effort in bringing a very much improved look to it all.

I`ve found Klasse SG (at least 2 layers) to last as long as 4 months over the winter up here in MN and longer in the summer, so SG has been awesome as far as longevity. I always go into winter with a fresh coat of wax on the top though. As far as a wax adding to the life of SG.......I`d say it`d surely add something to the longevity. Even if it anly adds 2 weeks to the life of the SG, it`s worth it just because it increases the overall look of the sometimes lifeless SG so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Herb
    Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash has served me very well over the years....cheap, available locally (Target), and I don`t see any reason to spend more. This is a very good soap.

Klasse Twins....I`ve been using them forever, sure there`s stuff out there that looks better and/or applies easier (and I will be trying it all this summer on my new car :getdown ), but once you learn how to apply SG, no other LSP I`ve seen is as durable and long lasting. Topping with a carnuba is well worth the effort in bringing a very much improved look to it all.

I`ve found Klasse SG (at least 2 layers) to last as long as 4 months over the winter up here in MN and longer in the summer, so SG has been awesome as far as longevity. I always go into winter with a fresh coat of wax on the top though. As far as a wax adding to the life of SG.......I`d say it`d surely add something to the longevity. Even if it anly adds 2 weeks to the life of the SG, it`s worth it just because it increases the overall look of the sometimes lifeless SG so much.
    Thanks for the reply. As I said, being in the cold climate I am in (Nothern Alberta, Canada), durability is the biggest thing for me. It sounds like Klasse SG is probably my best bet. I have read the horror stories about the difficulty in applying this product, but I am willing to give it a try. As soon as I can afford to get a PC, I`ll probably invest in a few additional polishes to try and remove the swirls and scratches in my paint. Winters with sand and salt on the road daily for 7 months of the year are very hard on a car`s finish.

Thread Information