Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    New in the house, I have a question on how fast i should be setting my buffer when im working with painted carbon fiber. I work with a 2000 rpm dewalt buffer, and im wondering how many rpms i should be setting the buffer at? Im new in the detail world and just started working for Premier Motorcars of Sioux Falls, SD. Any advise would be very helpful. Thanks :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Not trying to be a jerk or anything...But you`re "new to the detailing world" and they`re letting you go to town on a lambo? :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that you may want to get some experience in the detail world before using a rotary, especially on a Lamborghini. But paint is paint, doesnt matter what is under it so treat it just like anyother car- depending on product and pad selection 1200-1500RPM will probably be best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    Not trying to be a jerk or anything...But you`re "new to the detailing world" and they`re letting you go to town on a lambo? :think:

I would follow budman`s advice. I get nervous with a PC. Holding a buffer within 20 feet of a lambo, I would instantly pack my bags and run away. :bolt
    2006 Atomic Blue Honda Civic w/Navi

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess i shouldn`t have said new in the world i have been detailing for about 2 years. I really have no choice in the matter in which cars i do now that Premier Motorcars has changed its inventory to lambos. i ran the buffer up to 1600rpms and found that it worked pretty good. The lambo that im working on has alot of grim on it. it almost felt like overspray on the car it was so grimmy, i washed it and it didn`t do jack. But after claying the car and applying cutter it seems to be working pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t complain about having to detail lambo`s all day tho Sounds like you got the hook on it anyway...Just start slower (RPM) until you`re getting the results you`re looking for using the certain (mild to harsh) abrasive polish or compound you`re using...STart with a light..moving to higher if you need to...I wouldn`t take chances with a lambo that`s for sure...

GL!

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics

Post Thanks / Like
    :nervous: :think:

you are new to the detail world, but yet you been in the biz for 2 yrs and you`re asking us how to detail a lambo??

remind me never to shop at this Prestige place you work at (not that S. Dakota is on my list of places to visit anywho)

:lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
    remind me never to shop at this Prestige place you work at (not that S. Dakota is on my list of places to visit anywho)

You mean you wouldn`t want to visit Mount Rushmore and pick up a Lambo on the way? Jeez why do people gotta be so cheap??

Besides, what`s so special about Lambo paint anyway?

Just go to down to Advance and pick up some ColorX for $8.40 and be done with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
    :nervous: :think:

you are new to the detail world, but yet you been in the biz for 2 yrs and you`re asking us how to detail a lambo??

:lol

Let`s think of the geographic location here, and I think that explains a lot. North and South Dakota are abysmal places. I have family from both, and have been to North Dakota several times. There is nothing there. Hard to believe that people who would drive a Lambo would live there and not in Miami or something.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboar
    You mean you wouldn`t want to visit Mount Rushmore and pick up a Lambo on the way? Jeez why do people gotta be so cheap??

Besides, what`s so special about Lambo paint anyway?

Just go to down to Advance and pick up some ColorX for $8.40 and be done with it.

I`d pick one up in NYC, but I`d never make it through the tunnel with it (too wide) :laugh:

Post Thanks / Like
    I never had to work with carbon fiber before so i was just getting opinions, we just started working with lambos. I have found out that there is no difference. South Dakota is the second richest states in America why woudn`t you buy a lambo. Mcnab thanks for the advice i apreciate it. i don`t have pics uploaded yet but i will soon. LATER

Post Thanks / Like
    Google says South Dakota per capita income in 2004 was below the national average. Not sure where you come up with second richest state. Rich in what? :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    2nd richest in wind.......I lived in ND for 7 years and have visted SD numerous times, so I know. ND is far richer in wind, as they don`t have the Black Hills to block it from the west. :getdown

There are rich people though in both states, and they`re mainly concentrated in a few cities.....so lucky you if you get to detail a Lambo. I just get to look at them on the rare occasion I see one on the freeway here in MN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of the 100 highest income cities in the U.S. not a one is in either of the Dakotas. If anything people continue to LEAVE those states for other places. Like I said, I have been to North Dakota and have friends that live there and know that towns are shriveling up and dying up there these days. Lots of oldsters left, but not much new blood coming in.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information