Post Thanks / Like
    So about 2 weeks ago, I took the detailing plunge. I spent a bunch of money (more then any of my friends would spend on detailing equipment). And here is my story of the good the bad and the ugly.

My car: (good)

I drive a 2000 Ford ZX2. Not a bad car. nevr seen a garage a day in its life except when my mom left for Vacation in Europe 4 years ago for about 3 days (lol). Overall, the paint wasnt THAT bad, lots of chips and scrapes to begin with so I wasnt expecting the world, just some nice gloss. and I got it. I guess I felt I used the PC to quickly on it and didnt obtain the BEST shine I could. So I made metal notes. But all in all for the first REAL machine buff, and detail in 6 years. I was VERY PLEASED with my mediocre products and excelent buffer.

Friends car #1: (bad)

1996 Mitsu Eclipse (Red). chipped to hell, swirled to hell and back again. Did the same process as my car, and got the majority of the swirls out. Pleased with that. for the swirls and large chips that we didnt get out they turn WHIITE from the wax on a red car. So it looked like a mini polka dotted car. LOL. took some of the red turtle wax wax, and fixed it. so it was SOOoooo bad.

Friends Car #2: (ugly)

1998 Ford ZX2 (Burgandy) HORRID Paint. swirls, oxidations, everything bad under the sun. decided to go slower with the PC on thi one. and ove all. . . OMG that paint was B-E-A-UTIFUL! awesome color all shine. but the ugly part was the spoiler that had paint missing on it. well I pushed to hard and the PC ate some of the paint away *Gulp* but my friend didnt car cause it is getting repainted in a few months anywho. so it turned out AWESOME except for the spoiler.

cliff notes.

missing paint = no PC use

Claybaring is your friend before hand

move buffer VERY slowly.

all in all I am a happy camper with my PC purchase. I just need more practice cars. Maybe I will go home and visit the parents one day for some practice

Post Thanks / Like
    Explain to me what exactly happened when "the PC ate some of the paint away". Was there already paint missing in this area or something?
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    Explain to me what exactly happened when "the PC ate some of the paint away". Was there already paint missing in this area or something?

yeah. . heh. . She said she wouldnt care if it messed it up some. Last week she was in an accident, and needs to have the whole front end of her car repaired / repainted. So we are going to get the spoiler redone then as well.

I just had no idea the PC was so powerful. :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    If there was already paint missing, it doesn`t take much to catch the edge of the paint and pull of a bit.

The PC really isn`t very powerful. It`s a bad idea to use any kind of polisher over a spot where some paint is flaked off.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Thread Information