Post Thanks / Like
    My car came with the carpetted floor mats, and I purchased the stock All Weather Floor Mats for the winter season.

Now this is my question, how do fellow members clean these? They have gotten kinda gritty, so I took them out, and shook out the sand, but now they have water marks, salt marks and the like.

I don`t want to just armor all it, because that will leave it all greasy, nor do I want to hose them out at the car wash, because that will leave them soaked, and may just continue the dried water mark problem.

Does anyone have a cleaning solution they use that doesn`t leave them all greasy, but won`t dry out the rubber also? I was thinking Aerospace 303, but wasn`t sure what the results would be like.
    2004 Glacier Silver Mazda 6.............Zoom Zoom

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 303 on mine. They look good, but it seems to have made them a little sticky (dirt doesn`t brush off easily).

I haven`t thoroughly cleaned them since I put them in a couple of months ago, just removed them and used a dry scrub brush on them. I was thinking when I do give them a good cleaning, I`m gonna use a 20:1 solution of Charlie`s soap.

Post Thanks / Like
    dilluted castrol superclean, scrub it in, hose it off, use my shop vac to vacuum up the water and they look like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    My stock VW rubber mats(black) come perfectly clean with just water at the coin-op spray booths. I let them hang while I wash the car and shake loose what will come off then reinstall and they dry fine. Try that or just go with the APC, scrub, rinse, dry, as was said above.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use a good apc and a scrub brush, rinse clean......

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the rubber Monster Mats in my VW, and after cleaning them I give them a coat of Meguiar`s Quick Interior Detailer. Gives them a nice matte look with no slickness.

I used Armor All on them one time, and my wife fell into the car :lol

That didn`t happen again!

Just my 2 cents.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually hose them off. If they are very dirty then I take some of my carwash from the bucket and use a soft brush on them.

I shake them to they are 60-80% dry and then I lightly mist them with 303. I rub it in and dry with a MF towel and they come out great!

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve just sprayed them with the hose and added a little APC with a brush. After I rinse the APC off I usually let them air dry, and they look just as good as new. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s apc 10:1, scrub it in, rinse it off, use some Meg`s QID and voila! no slip, no shine floor mats!
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    back when i worked at my uncle shop, i had to prep scooters, ATVs, and such for the slae floor.. the scooters have rubber foot mats, we used a brand of tire shine on them, they looked really good, and suprisingly not greasy... if i can i will find out what exaclty it was.

besides that i would just say hose it down and put some kind of protectant on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blast em with a pressure washer if you have one and 10:1 APC, then spray down with some sort of protectant. My personal favorite for mats is Poorboy`s Bold n Brite full strength, it gives a little more sheen than Natural Look. Most water-based tire shines look pretty good on them.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information