Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

Wanted to get some idea of how people clean their cleaning supplies and how you organize them.

How to you clean MFs and do you keep them seperated for particular purposes. e.g., I have a set of MFs I only use for QD even though the same type of MF is also used for wax removal. I wash and seperate them for their purpose.

Also, what about items such as wax/polish pads, brushes, mitts, etc.

One in particular that I`m not sure about is clay, do you allow for used clay to be used between vehicles. Is it possible that some contamination lodged in the clay could get transfered to another vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like
    I clean my MF`s by: Washing with Tide, in a separate wash, with no fabric softner. If you use Fabric softner, it really takes away a lot of the absorbing abilities of the towel. Yes, I have diffrent colors for diffrent things usually, but I`m not over concerned with it, I just make sure that I use my good quality, soft MF`s to buff with. I have noticed however, that, when cleaning glass, that if you dont use a clean MF, you are more likely to get streaks, because of the chemical or wax that was on the MF when you started. I keep most of my detailing gear in sterilite containers from Wal-Mart at the moment, all organized and separated, and as far as my bushes and mitts go, I just make sure I rinse my Mitt really good in the rinse bucket before I hang it out to dry, and the brushes, I just spray good with my hose.

Post Thanks / Like
    wheel/tire brushes get sprayed out with the hose (i dont use wheel cleaners, so i don`t have to worry about chemicals eating away at the fibers). I rinse the mitts out thoroughly after I wash with them. I don`t use them again until they run through the wash machine (this is why I have 13 wash mitts... I don`t have to wash all the time). I wash my mitts all together regardless of their purpose. I use whatever wash soap my mom has graciously provided (THANKS MOM!) to wash them, BUT I have ordered a gallon of charlie`s soap so that will arrive soon.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonus Der Wunder Wasche to clean zee microfiber.

(seems very similar to woolite me thinks)

I bought one of those big Stanley Tool Cases made out of Plastic from Home Despot err Depot

Keep the PC in there with Klasse, S100, Leatherique, P21s Wheel cleaner,Bottle of water.

and bought a smaller one for Meguiar`s Gold Class brushes.

I keep Buffing towels in Large Zip lock bags. I use a black Sharpie to write SG, AIO, S100 on my polishing towels and PC pads.

Sometimes I take the tool box with me and spend a few hours in a heated parking garage instead of sitting indoors in this darn cold winter.
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ybajwa

One in particular that I`m not sure about is clay, do you allow for used clay to be used between vehicles. Is it possible that some contamination lodged in the clay could get transfered to another vehicle?

Yes that is possible, but if you aren`t able to remold the clay to reveal a clean surface, the clay is too contaminated and should be discarded.

This is how my stuff is organized. Everything has its place.

Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max

This is how my stuff is organized. Everything has its place.

Yeah, except your clothing. Or do you wear a MF loincloth to school?

It`s no wonder you are complaining about the cold...
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL that`s what my dresser is for. And there are *some* clothes hanging in the closet...
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Thread Information