Post Thanks / Like
    I got a new Civic that had a leather interior done in it. I used some Meguiars Leather wipes on the whole driver`s seat as I wanted something quick done to the seat while I go around and get all the products I`ll be using on the car.

After using the wipes, I wiped down the seat to avoid having too much shine and let it sit for a few hours. I went for a drive later on and upon leaving the car I noticed my rear end/jeans had left marks behind.

I grabbed a terry cloth and rubbed the seat down and it faded away. However I`m wondering if I didn`t do something properly or if I should have buffed the seats more after using the wipes to get the conditioners into the leather?

Could I be using the wrong product for these seats?

First time with leather in the car so this had me spooked at first.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you prefer OTC prooducts I would suggest Lexol or Turtle Wax cleaner and conditioner. The stains might have been because you didn`t fully remove the excess. I would suggest you get something other than the wipes because I don`t think they are as good as a liquid or cream that can set into the leather.

Wish I had leather in my car. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly why I like Zaino`s leather treatments, because they leave more of a matt finish than a shiney one. Anybody else feel that way? For OTC stuff I like Mothers too, very good quality.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new Honda as well (2006 Ridgeline). It has perforated seats and the wipes work well since cream treatments can plug up all the holes. Perhaps your Honda has the same kind of seats. However, I`m not so sure we are using the right stuff in the first place (I use Lexol leather wipes). I notice the Lexol leaves a shine behind even after buffing.

Products such as Lexol and Leatherique are very, very good but they need to "feed" the leather to do their best work. How can these products "feed" and condition the leather if they can`t penetrate it? By that I mean my Honda (and probably yours) have coated leather seats, not true, virgin leather like the English cars or leather interiors of old. There is a vinyl like coating on most of the leather seats in cars today and they are made to resist penetration, which is what you must have for some of these leather products to work. I am thinking that perhaps a product like Protectant 303 (which is primarily used for rubber and vinyl but can also be used for leather) may be the best way to go. I plan on testing it on my seats soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, if I had NEW leather, I`d definately be using the Zaino leather stuff! They are rather expensive, but by far the best out there, well, at least IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a big fan of the 1Z leather care (drivewerks.com). The seats may look spotless but once I work in the 1Z the towel always comes up dark with dirt and debris. I just ordered Leatherique to use as a conditioner in between cleanings. A fellow Porsche owner said it revived his 1988 928 seats to supple/almost new condition.
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Thread Information