Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used this stuff? I ordered some and tried it out today. Got nothing near like the pics on the website www.touchup123.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought there was a thread about this before...not a kind one, either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I think someone was spamming the board with that stuff a little while ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah....it was spam...never mind

Post Thanks / Like
    K, well I searched and couldn`t find anything. Maybe I didn`t use the right terms.

Post Thanks / Like
    It SOUNDS to good to be true, so..........

Post Thanks / Like
    well I was all set to do an uber write-up with pics but the afterwards was so dissapointing.

I also ran out of Kerocene for the heater in the garage and I`m gas`ing up two cars already (kerosense cost more here than Regular unleaded)

Here`s my initial report though

1) Don`t use those Terry Towels that come with the kit. They will marr the paint bad. I had clayed before hand so was expecting to polish out anyways. I never liked Terry Towels on paint anyway

1.a) That being said use some old MF`s that your going to throw away (don`t know if you`d want to use paint thinner in the washer machine to clean them out.

2) The main product is paint, don`t go crazy with it as you`ll have a very hard time removing the excess.

Use as little as possible which will make the removal easier.

2.a) I tried applying the stuff both with a Meg`s foam applicator and the towels from the kit.

The foam pads tend to soak up the paint before you get a chance to apply it to the paint.

3) I spoke with these folks on the phone b4 ordering and they are upfront about what to expect from the use of their product and the instructions that come with the kit re-enforce what they told me.

Application results:

For areas that look like the panel was sandblasted, I tried spreading the product on and letting it set up (10 min`s or so) then tried removing the excess with the compound as directed.

This resulted in either all of the paint coming out of the small chips (I`ve heard this from Langka users) or the chips were not completly filled.

for spot repair on larger chips (about the size of a pencil eraser) I dabbed a little of the paint into the chip as the instructions said, let it set up, then again polished off the area with the compound.

This resulted in the same thing as before.

Disclaimers:

I only had the the thermostat up to about 45 degress in the garage cus I was wearing my cold weather/waterproof "bibs" . That`s not the ideal temp for working with any automotive type paint.

I was working under the halogens (as it was already night time) and never got to see the results of the work in direct sun light (but sun light is rare up here in the winter anyway, I`ve had more sunny days in Seattle)

Conclusion:

The product has promise, but you need to work up a technique. For $35 smackers you get alot of paint and the special compound and a little goes a long way.

I`ll give it a few more try`s before I make a final judgement. Sadly however it won`t save me from the trip to the bodyshop Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morbid-- thanks for the review. Please update us when you`ve had a chance to try it in warmer temperatures.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I think I`ll try it again after speaking with the owners on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh great, please report back your findings. the front of my infinit fx is "sandblasted" and i don`t think i could even fill all those little chips even if i wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will, I`m thinking of giving it a shot again soon on the lower part of the front fender.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m an owner of TouchUp 123. I`m not sure what all the spamming comments are all about. We have only recently registered in forums, mostly on request, to assist those with specific questions, etc. We are simply reconditioning professionals (paintless dent repair, bumper repairs, detailing) with over 18 years experience in the industry that want to assist do-it-yourselfers by providing a good touch up alternative and offering our assistance with any other reconditioning questions, tips, etc. This is our passion and what we love to do. If you see us in other forums you would know we are honest about who we are and are not there to advertise, just answer questions to help people with their car care.

On that note, MorBid, if you could contact me personally, I would like to speak with you to help you use our product and get the most from it. I would also like to get your criticism first hand so we can make any necessary adjustments in our effort to deliver an easy to use touch up solution.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    TouchUp 123:

I can only speak to my review, such that it was, and after re-reading it I don`t see it being critical at all (well except for the terry towels).

This is a forum where we help each other out with Detailing and such and to that end post our unbiased reviews on products we`ve tried.

Sometimes someone else here can help you get better results but alot of times it`s just passing the word about a product no one here may have tried but may need/want to.

I did speak with at least two of the sales people at your company on the phone prior to placing my order (think Paypal and shipping to my location quicker than I had anticipated on your own accord).

I spoke at length about how I do autobody/painting/detailing as something on the side and wanted to know how your worked in detail.

Anywho, only one person made any mention of Spam but two are waiting for final results in this thread. I should think things are working more in favor of the product than against.

Post Thanks / Like
    MorBid:

I have no problem with anything said about our products, good or bad. I`m simply on a quest to learn from our users in order to better our kit.

Some of your comments about paint coming out of the chips during the process raised my concern. We have been using our products for years in our mobile reconditioning businesses so we take some things for granted regarding product application, etc. We want to ensure our directions are adequate so our individual kit users (especially those without car care experience) can achieve good results.

We strongly value opinions from other reconditioning professionals, so I would especially like to hear your likes/dislikes and opinions on how we can improve.

We think we have a great product, but everything can be improved.

Thanks for you help.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted about this porduct after reading about it at detailers club. It is a product that interests me in that I have mega micro chips on the lower front fenders and doors of my TA from the ash they spread on the local roads. This might not fill the chips to a flawless condition but might blend them to make them less ntoicable. MORBID-keep working with the product and let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information