Post Thanks / Like
    I`m new to the whole detailing as a profession deal. I`m considering get a small business going on the side. I`ve searched the boards and haven`t quite found what I`ve wanted. So my question is I`m getting a PC and looking for a cost effective way to get a customers car looking good. It goes without saying that i`ll do a good job, but i`ve seen the outrageous $1000 price tags on some wax. :down . Here is the way I`d plan on doing the process, comment on where and what you would toss in the mix. I don`t really plan on doing a claybar on most cars unless they specify it, quite frankly I`m scared to use it. Any help would be appreciated :thx Here are some pictures of my truck.

Wash

Apply tire dressings, wheel polish

Apply carnuba wax

Apply "show car" glaze

Apply NXT vinyl protectant on desired pieces

Detail interior with NXT

Post Thanks / Like
    meg`s #7 should be applied under the carnauba. Claying is necessary. what about vacuuming?

www.guidetodetailing.com

welcome to autopia!
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah sorry I meant vacuuming under interior detailing. I`m really not worried about the interior, I feel I can do a dam good job at that. But I`m rather worried about the exterior because of those picky customers. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I would honestly suggest gettin some more experience under your belt before jumping into taking customers. Experiment on some buddies cars and stuff. The glaze you are using belong under the wax, meaning it needs to be applied first. I would also highly recommmend claying, it goes a LONG way. I`m not by any means saying you shouldn`t look into doing a little detailing on the side, just saying maybe you want to learn a little more before jumping into taking customers. With a color such as pewter on your truck its really hard to have it look bad as long as its relatively clean. Find a friend that wants you to experiment on a different color. Welcome to autopia from a fellow gmfs member.

Post Thanks / Like
    for a start dont be afraid of clay bars, theyre easy to use and almost fool proof...have a read on here theres lots of info about them.for a good job you need to clay!!

and forget those $1000 waxes, alot of products we use work out fairly sensibly priced like the klasse twins as you dont use much, again keep reading until you see something you like the sound of

Post Thanks / Like
    JoeJ- I`ll definetly be practicing on my families vehicles. My parents both own black and my my dad has a silver car for work. When I open my own business I`d be when I get out of school, in May. So that leaves me plenty of time to learn

Thread Information