Post Thanks / Like
    Me and a buddy are going to start doing some mobile detailing on the side mostly on weekends and we were looking at products and Chemical Guys appeals to use because of decent prices and quantity. If you were only to use Chemical Guys products on interior/exterior work which products would you choose from CG?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maxi Suds,New Look Gel Trim Restorer,VRT,Extreme Top Coat Sealant w/3X Carnauba,Creme Claze,XXX Hardcore Paste Wax,Extreme Depth Carnauba,Butter Wet Wax,Extreme Synthetic Detail Spray and Insta Wax, just to name a few. For some non CG products, I suggest Optimum Car Polish & Optimum Car Wax. For glass cleaning, I`d go with Sprayway. You`ll need a good all purpose cleaner as well. Check out Excel detail & PakShak for some good mf`s. Don`t forget some Sonus Clay & a Porter Cable 7424. ( or 7336 )

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Now that`s asking a lot. Personally, I prefer the "Extreme depth liquid carnauba creme wax and x-seal," even over the "Extreme top coat sealant + 3X carnauba." I will undoubtedly end up in Chemical Guys Hell over that last statement, but on my black single stage paint the X-seal product just looks better. It seems to "play well" with other products, even those of non-Chemical Guys origin.

I`m not a fan of the synthetic detailer simply from the rather strong "citrus" smell. I prefer the "Pro detailer + 1X carnauba."

As far as a solvent based vinyl/rubber dressing, I like the "Clear liquid extreme shine," and for something water based the VRT dressing works best for me, keeping in mind that I like very shiny surfaces, both inside and outside of the vehicle.

These are a pretty good place to start. The price is right and the products keep me very happy - not to mention that the Chemical Guys are some of the nicest people I`ve talked to recently.

:getdown :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there you`ve got it. Also try the Magic Seal, Wheel Cleaner, and Glass Cleaner.

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    CG offers decent products at reasonable prices. The only problem I have is shipping costs. In my case, it was roughly 40% of total

Nonetheless, my favorites are Extreme Synthetic Detailer, Extreme VRT Dressing (water-based, dries to the touch, no sling), and Extreme Top Coat Paint Sealant. Special mention also goes to Professional Poly Clay and Extreme Body Wash and Synthetic Wax/Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    when i was ordering a wash Paul talked me into getting wash&wax over maxi-suds he said it was a better product for only a dollar more. It is a nice shampoo very slick, maybe ill try the mai-suds next time in my foam gun
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Thread Information