Post Thanks / Like
    Just orderd the Sonus DAS polisher kit and can`t wait `till she arrives. I`m a newb to the PC. I have been using Blackfire for about a year now and proud of it. However, I want to try a new polish instead of the 3M that I have been using. The pics below are of my car when it was new and I had very little swirls, now swirls are kinda bad on my car due to poor washing methods on my part I know IM SORRY !!!! Well, the polish I bought is Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover. My question is, is that a really harsh swirl remover that a PC newb should not use, or is it just a "filler" for the swirls ? I want to thank in advance to those who respond.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, and welcome fellow noob!

I just bought the kit you purchased, and I`m sure you`ll be happy with it. Unfortunately I can`t see the pics you have as you have to be a member of that forum. I believe the PC you ordered comes with some Sonus SFX-2, so if you`re worried the Total Swirl Remover is going to be too harsh, you can always start with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it comes with the SFX-2, but I heard that SFX2 is not for kinda baddly swirled car. I will admit the car looks good from far, but when you get upclose, AHHHH SWIRLS !!!!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, well then you may want to try the SFX-1. SFX-2 was a joy to work with, so I went ahead and ordered the SFX-1 to get the last few swirls off of my hood. I`ve also heard good things about Menzerna IP, but the price of the SFX-1 swayed me.

Your car looks quite nice BTW.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for the compliment, but I need my swirls to go bye bye. Noone has used Wolf Gang Swirl Remover ?

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I did that search and I did not get those thread, out of 10 plus pages I got as results i searched the first 3 pages and nothing. Thanks though !!!!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I was reading my thread and I expressed myself wrong. What I want to know is if wolfgang swirl remover with a orange pad acts like a compound. Will it remove paint/clearcoat ? If it will then I`m kind of worried if I should use it or not ? Or maybe if I use a polishing pad instead so it isn`t very harsh on my paint. I don`t have deep scratches, all I have is alot of swirls something like this http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....t=wash+claybar

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Start with the least aggressive approach and work your way up.

Ive never used the polish, but alot of people like it. On a severly neglected black car, you have your hands full, and may be better of bringing it to a guy who can use a rotary, then just clean up his holograms with the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I was reading my thread and I expressed myself wrong. What I want to know is if wolfgang swirl remover with a orange pad acts like a compound. Will it remove paint/clearcoat ? If it will then I`m kind of worried if I should use it or not ? Or maybe if I use a polishing pad instead so it isn`t very harsh on my paint. I don`t have deep scratches, all I have is alot of swirls something like this http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....t=wash+claybar

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my paint is not severly neglected, I just have swirls. And yeah I`m just going to have to work with a light pad and go up. Now comes the hard part, waiting for everything to arrive.

Dan

Thread Information