Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my shipment from pakshak today containing QEW, PO85RD, 3 large WW, and a free ultra-plush. I opened up the box and like I usually do I inspected all of the items. Everything was fine until I got to the QEW. I noticed that there were a number of white specks floating around in the liquid and some of these white specks were also attached to the sides of the bottle. I`ve never heard of white specks floating around in QEW. Is it supposed to be like this or did I get a bad bottle? Other than that, everything was great. I got my shipment in 4 days. That`s great considering i`m in quite possibly the farthest from hawaii location in the US, Florida. Thanks for the help guys.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Shake it up, there have been numerous post here about the "white peanut" floating in the QEW. I do believe that it was agreed upon by the community (as well as an email from a rep), that it is just the "wax" in the QEW. Shaking it up should make it blend into the solution.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this problem too, but I figured it was just part of the cap seal. I was able to pick them out with a stick.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok then, I`ll go out to the garage and shake it for a while (dont take that the wrong way). I`ll be back in 10 minutes! Oh, and COBRyan, I doubt that this was just from the cap. There are hundreds of small specks in the liquid. a stick wouldnt be able to get these out, there`s too many of them and they`re too small.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Shaking it vigorously had no effect on the specks. If it`s "wax" in the QEW, maybe I cold take a sample and heat it up and see if the "wax" will melt into the QEW. If that works, on the next sunny day Ill put the bottle into a black metal box and leave it outside. Go figure, I try to be nice and get QEW so that I`ll be more enticed to wash my mom`s car (which she`s always trying to get me to do) and my QEW is weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    Nope. Shaking it vigorously had no effect on the specks. If it`s "wax" in the QEW, maybe I cold take a sample and heat it up and see if the "wax" will melt into the QEW. If that works, on the next sunny day Ill put the bottle into a black metal box and leave it outside. Go figure, I try to be nice and get QEW so that I`ll be more enticed to wash my mom`s car (which she`s always trying to get me to do) and my QEW is weird.

You could try heating up the solution. The heat allows things to be more soluble, so you might be able to mix the wax in. But once it cooled off, you might have the wax precipitate out of the solution again.

I`ve noticed those specks in one of my QEW bottles. I`ve got 5 more, so gimme a minute while I check those..................

OK I checked three bottles, and 2 of them had white specks in them. One of them has a rather large mass of white stuff. I`ll try to extract that white mass and rub it on the sink, and we`ll see if the sink beads water like mad OK?
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good to me! Have you used QEW that had the white specs floating in it before? If so, was there a noticeable difference in performance between the specked and non-specked liquids? I`m just worried about these things not being dissolved (and therefore able to do whatever job they`re supposed to do) affecting the performance of QEW. If the specs being there won`t affect anything, then I really don`t care if they`re there.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK many of the pictures didn`t turn out the way I wanted to (despite taking every pic with flash on and then again off). I had several lights on, but it didn`t help much. I apologize for the dark pics, but the results are easily seen. I got a few basic shots:

After washing/rinsing with Dawn. Very little to no beading.

A shot of the "wax" mass that I was able to pour out with some QEW into the cap.

I rubbed that mass of "wax" onto the wall of the sink with my finger, to ensure that no other wax had any effect on the experiment (a foam app might have had some leftover residue in it from another wax). I let it sit for 3 mins, then removed. I also applied a bit of Nattys Blue to the left of it, just for comparison. The dividing line is right down the center of the pic. After 5 mins of curing, I soaked the whole sink with water.

It seems that whatever this "mystery mass" is, it does have some water-repelling characteristics. It had a very strange texture to it though, almost like a ball of rubber cement. It never just smeared like the NB did, it just kinda rolled around under my finger.

Neothin - I have used the QEW with the specks, yes. They didn`t seem to make any difference. They sure don`t seem to smear onto surfaces well though.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, look at all the swirls on the sink , you really need to polish that. And water spots around the edges... just horrible sink care. :lol
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    :spit:

I know...someday I`ll get around to it.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d claybar that sink first, maybe hit it with some IPA/water, and probably some SSR2.5 via cutting pad. Top it with some EX-P. Maybe some #16 for good measure.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I can see doing a quick polish and wax, but I`m not going to bother claying my sink!
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you don`t need to clay it...the stainless steel is corrosion-resistant enough that any bonded contaminants should come off with a good cleaning....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    LOL I can see doing a quick polish and wax, but I`m not going to bother claying my sink!

Have you paper-baggy tested that sink lately? The fallout and airborn pollutants from all those vegetables you`ve peeled over that sink wreak havoc on your finish. Okay, I`m done now. :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Yeah, you don`t need to clay it...the stainless steel is corrosion-resistant enough that any bonded contaminants should come off with a good cleaning....

I hope you realize I was joking... :nervous:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information