Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used AJ on one car (mine), it`s light metallic green (Ford`s Legend Lime Metallic). The only other LSP I`ve tried on this color is #845 (car`s < month old). AJ`s appearance, IMO, is similar to UPP on metallics...clear with nice reflections, but not as wet as, say, BF or a good carnauba. It`s depth is also similar to UPP. Ultimately, I can`t say the look has knocked my socks off but it`s nice, a softer look. Maybe another coat or two will make it come alive. In comparison, #845 was wetter/glossier and had more depth, just as one might expect.

I`m assuming the one pass with AIO was enough to remove the week old #845, if not, maybe some residual #845 has affected AJ`s look and slickness. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD

I`m assuming the one pass with AIO was enough to remove the week old #845, if not, maybe some residual #845 has affected AJ`s look and slickness. What do you think?

Hard to say, 845 is pretty durable but you`d think AIO would go through it. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax, how well does fresh AJ bead? Nice, tight beads or larger with more sheeting action? The next time I wash the car, if I notice the beading style appears atypical for AJ, something may have gone wrong with the application/prep. I know this isn`t exactly scientific testing but...

Post Thanks / Like
    are you able to use these products in direct sun?

Post Thanks / Like
    The directions on AJ say it should be applied to a cool surface. I guess that means forget about using it on a darker colors in the sun...lighter colors, maybe. This was the first time I`ve used AJ and it was applied indoors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD
    Scottwax, how well does fresh AJ bead? Nice, tight beads or larger with more sheeting action? The next time I wash the car, if I notice the beading style appears atypical for AJ, something may have gone wrong with the application/prep. I know this isn`t exactly scientific testing but...

Small to medium sized beads.

LangMan37-you can use AJ in the sun if the paint isn`t real hot, CJ, definitely not. I`ve tried it and had some problems with smearing in the direct sun. No problems in the shade though.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Small to medium sized beads.

Thanks.

Update: It`s been a few days since AJ`s been on the car and the finish seems to have more life/pop, now. It also seems a little more slick - emphasis on the "little". I tried some AJ on the mirror of my other car (same prep with AIO) and the slickness is the same. So, either this is the way AJ is or the low temps are a factor. I`m curious to see how it feels when I wash it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok cool, (pun intended) thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update #2: It rained today and AJ is beading very well...small to medium sized beads, just as Scottwax described. Also, the reflections look very good. AJ definitely seems to get better with time...in these cold temps, at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    it really does look better after awhile...when i first applied it to my daily driver i didnt think it was anything great... the next day or so it really came out to be nice looking...

-Justin
    "God made turbo lag so V8`s could keep up!"

Post Thanks / Like
    How you apply it makes a difference. If after you spread it out on the panel, you then work it lightly into the paint so it is hard to see, then buff off the excess, it comes out super clear and wet right off the bat.

Did two cars today with the JW twins in mid 50s weather. Seemed to work just fine.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my Werkstat kit and i have to say this is one of the most presentable and well packaged detail product ive ever bought. It is very proffessional and its clear he put alot of thought into the packaging and presentation of his product. I cant wait to try them out now. Hopefully this weekend. Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by impulsebrklyn
    I just got my Werkstat kit and i have to say this is one of the most presentable and well packaged detail product ive ever bought. It is very proffessional and its clear he put alot of thought into the packaging and presentation of his product. I cant wait to try them out now. Hopefully this weekend. Chris

he has done a great job with that, everything from the way the bottles are taped down (depending on order) to the envelope with the thank you on it...it all matches perfectly...

Scott: you really have not seen a change in AJ after 24 hours look wise? I mean I do find it looks really nice on darker cars right away but on both my white cars it really seems to need to cure before the looks really are impressive...

-Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4830Deuce
    Scott: you really have not seen a change in AJ after 24 hours look wise? I mean I do find it looks really nice on darker cars right away but on both my white cars it really seems to need to cure before the looks really are impressive...

-Justin

I don`t usually see the cars until well after 24 hours have past. By then, it would be pretty hard to remember exactly how the finish compared to how it looked when I first applied it. The appearance does seem to clarify pretty quickly after application though.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i figured you would say that...look out for it though if you ever get the chance... :dance

-Justin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information