Post Thanks / Like
    I own both of these products. They are both the same thing. So why is the Cleaner & Spot Remover half the price of the Aerospace Cleaner? I figure this is so because the Spot Remover is diluted 1:1. I base this on the instructions for machine extractors.

The expensive Aerospace Cleaner says to dilute 30:1 for machine extraction. This makes for a 3.2% solution. The cheaper Cleaner and Spot Remover says 8-12 ounces per gallon for machine extraction. This gives a 5.9% to 8.6 % solution, about double the Aerospace Cleaner. Hmmm....the Spot Remover must be half-strength Aerospace Cleaner, which explains why it is half the price.

Mikeman out.
    Attain perfection! Remove more clearcoat today!

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Spot Remover is the 30:1 dilution of the Aerospace cleaner.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you absolutely sure the Spot Remover is 30:1??? I think it`s 1:1. Not only do dilution instructions for the pair suggest that; but the price for the Spot Remover would be outrageous if it is 30:1. Also, I get much more foaming with vigorous shaking from the full-strength Spot Remover than I do from a 30:1 dilution of the Aerospace Cleaner. Yes, I`ve played with this pair quite a bit. I`m always looking for ways to keep costs down, and still get the job done right.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I deleted my e-mail from 303. They said that the spot remover and the fabric cleaner are all dilutions of Aerospace cleaner.

Maybe it isn`t exactly 30:1, but I would think it`s well over 1:1. At the machine dilution rate or 4oz/1 gal, you`re looking at 1:32, at 8/1 gal, 1:16, whereas the AC is 1:100 and greater, so it (SR) would be at least a 1:4 mix, possibly a 1:8.

But again, I can`t find the e-mail (about a year ago, so it probably got deleted), so it`s just conjecture on my part, I guess. :nixweiss
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm.....I made a mistake on my Aerospace Cleaner dilution explanation above. The 30:1 is under the carpets/fabrics section for "spot cleaning", not "machine extraction". Because the Spot Remover is meant to be used straight (when used as a spot remover), this supports your 30:1 dilution of Aerospace Cleaner to get the Spot Remover. The only thing that doesn`t fit in is the foaming difference I mentioned above......and the price difference. It`s interesting.

Thread Information