Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I was wondering which of the above I should go with, im deciding out of the two, my criteria is:

- winter durability

- looks for when i use it in the summer

- ease of use

The product will be used on an 04 black honda and i will be using a PC to apply.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Of those two, I`d use UPP for sure. Neither will give awesome winter durability though. They are both terrific sealants though and very easy to use. I would want a topper for the EX-P though. Natty`s Blue would be very nice.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    i was rather unimpressed with the EX-P sample that I received. My choice is for UPP. I don`t know about durability though. I`ve always topped my sealants with a carnauba with a glaze underneith in hopes of hiding some swirling, so I really cant get an accurate idea of the products durability.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ease of Use - For me the EX-p is harder to apply (quite thick) but when it comes to removal that its easy and versatile can be wipe on and off straight away. The thinner UPP seems easier to apply really thin, but has a cure time, and set up time that it needs to be kept moisture free for 24 hours after.

Looks - Stand alone looks wise on my black car, both looked wet and glossy, neither where that deep, but both allowed the flake to pop. The edge goes to EX-p for me as my black car looked washed out in full sun with UPP.

Cant comment on durabilty. Like others I ended up topping both the EX-p and UPP with Nattys Blue and Souveran, plus the car is a garge queen weekend toy.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP has a fine edge over EX-P for durability.

EX-P is easy but UPP is a joy to use.

As for looks, that`s personal preference, but I don`t find all that much between them.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you want winter durability get collinite 845

Post Thanks / Like
    i currently have EX-P topped with Natty`s blue for winter.. so far so good.. :nixweiss

i think I and Scottwax are the only ones who appear to get decent durability with the new EX-P ? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler
    i currently have EX-P topped with Natty`s blue for winter.. so far so good.. :nixweiss

i think I and Scottwax are the only ones who appear to get decent durability with the new EX-P ? :nixweiss

Add me to the list, tumbler... I have had good excellent durability (and quality) on my wife`s dark green Liberty. EX-Px3, topped with Nattys-Blue x2+ as it`s winter coat. But UPP, to me, doesn`t look good on this car.

With that being said, I am also a big fan of UPP, which I had on my daily driver (magnesium metallic) all summer and loved it! Super duper slick, Flakes-a-popping and very durable. EX-P w/NB on top looks good on this car also, which is what I currently have on it for winter (although I`m toying with going KSG & OCW !!!).

So, IMO, I give :2thumbs: to UPP on my car, and I give :2thumbs: to EX-P on my wifes car, but not vice-versa.

Hope this helps!
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by docker
    Add me to the list, tumbler... I have had good excellent durability (and quality) on my wife`s dark green Liberty. EX-Px3, topped with Nattys-Blue x2+ as it`s winter coat. But UPP, to me, doesn`t look good on this car.

With that being said, I am also a big fan of UPP, which I had on my daily driver (magnesium metallic) all summer and loved it! Super duper slick, Flakes-a-popping and very durable. EX-P w/NB on top looks good on this car also, which is what I currently have on it for winter (although I`m toying with going KSG & OCW !!!).

So, IMO, I give :2thumbs: to UPP on my car, and I give :2thumbs: to EX-P on my wifes car, but not vice-versa.

Hope this helps!

Sounds like the EX-P will be a good choice. with a topper. one question for the EX-P users. has anybody topped EX-P with OCW. I am doing a detail in a week or so and was looking at that combo but have not seen anybody mentioning it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new EX-P has been very durable for me, much more so than the last version. I do still think UPP is easier to use, though. Either way I would probably top with Collinite.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Thread Information