Post Thanks / Like
    I tried this today on my more-than-dusty, less-than-dirty Miata.

It is really more of a thin spray wax, about as thin as the NXT Quick Wax. The instructions say to use it on a CLEAN surface; I missed that, and applied it to a dirty surface. So, having NOT paid attention to the instructions, I can say that it will work as a quick detailer, but my opinion is that if you use it repeatedly that way it will cause swirling. I wish I had a bright sunny day rather than a mid-evening in a garage lit with a couple incandescent bulbs. But I`m pretty confident that I didn`t mess things up. If I did, I`ll post towards that tomorrow.

I sprayed it on copiously and wiped it down with Excel Elite towels. My technique is fold the towel in half, roll it up into a cylinder and rotate it as I wipe. It is a WO/WO, not a spray/spread/dry product.

The instructions say to use it on cool surfaces; my hood was still warm and the product caused some streaking that came out with a bit of buffing. Other surfaces didn`t exhibit this.

Overall, the car looked like I used a quick wax on it. It showed the same gloss and depth that the car had right after I`d waxed it with the Kit Carnauba Gold wax. That`s a good thing.

Mostly I`d say that the name of the product can cause confusion, and I`m going to recommend to the company that they think about relabelling it.

Otherwise, the wo/wo makes this a pretty easy product to use. I`m not a big quick wax fan. But if you were a quick wax fan and were using the Carnauba Gold line, this is easier than waxing, and would be a simple way to extend your results.

Tom

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    did they send you a sample of the Kit bike clean? it sounds as if its a motorcycle waterless wash.

Thread Information