Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djmigs
    has anyone used this on there rims,engine bay,underbody...etc......

no chemicals use correct?

does it come with good attahments and do they benifit....

is the machine lite?

how long does it take to start steam cleaning?

i cant wait either i got my email with a tracking # it will be del. this fri so i can try to use it this weekend unless it rains......

any thoughts?

Read the thread, there are plenty of usages listed.

I can`t answer on the last two, but the attachments or "tips" it comes with are what you will need to use for the steam, otherwise you aren`t going to be able to use it.

It does not use any chemicals in and of itself, no.

I use my steamer (not this same machine, but basically does the same thing) on wheels, engine bay, and interior. I`m sure you could use it on the underbody successfully, but I don`t do under there on vehicles which are daily driven.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow...I hope I get mine soon....I may order a second one if they don`t run out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an EBay store that carries a bunch of steamers. Thought maybe you guys might find something good here.LINK
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I jumped on the band wagon also. Ordered on last night.

a little FYI! I emailed SEACO as to why they are discontinuing the steamer? They replyed as that the North American SEACO is focusing on coffee machines and dropping the steamer. They still manufacture them over seas. They said that the Picolo has been a good steamer with very little complaints. Hope this is true and we will have to find out about getting replacement parts in the future. Even if you can`t for $50 you can`t go wrong with this steamer.

I can`t wait to try it out!!

Chubs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubs
    I jumped on the band wagon also. Ordered on last night.

a little FYI! I emailed SEACO as to why they are discontinuing the steamer? They replyed as that the North American SEACO is focusing on coffee machines and dropping the steamer. They still manufacture them over seas. They said that the Picolo has been a good steamer with very little complaints. Hope this is true and we will have to find out about getting replacement parts in the future. Even if you can`t for $50 you can`t go wrong with this steamer.

I can`t wait to try it out!!

Chubs

To me at $45 it`s a throwaway product when it breaks, sad but true I quess.

Post Thanks / Like
    So is this really that much better than the Scunci? I bought one of those WORTHLES things, it was so bad I ended up throwing it in the trash. Id love the power of a good steamer and ability to clean cars and home without chemicals, but dont want to waste any more $$, even if it is a measly $45.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got mine today, and I am very pleased. I have been playing with it all evening around the house :chuckle: My wifes hairspray likes to accumulate around her sink and is a real B---- to get off, but the steam loosens the crud right up and it just wipes away. If you have shower doors...... Standby for the amount of crap that is hidden in the door tracks.... Thats all I`m saying about that. As I type this I`m waiting for the tank to heat back up from a refill.

It seems to have plenty of psi, it really blows crud all around, a little to much if you ask me. Kinda makes more of a mess if your not careful. I`m sure this will be a winner in the detailing aresenal. I will be trying it Saturday. For $45.00, you can`t go wrong. Later..... Got more steamin` to do :woot2:

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine arrived today. !

Samiam: Thanks for the tip!

Anthony: Thanks for the tips!

I had the Scunci... POS! I`m very impressed after just 4 hours of use. I`m still learning where it is most effective, but I know it has a place in my arsenal.

In fact, since it is a `throwaway` I`m likely going to order a second, and just put it on the shelf....

I sprayed into an air conditioning vent, and watched the steam exit a vent on the opposite side of the car! Very impressive.

Cool Machine. Worth having.

Thanks again, Sam.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the Scunci and I took it back. I just happened on this by luck, saw the machine on Ebay and decided, what the heck, check Costco. I was shocked, was more shocked when I got it and tried it out. The dang thing worked! I cleaned grout with it and it was like watching a sand blasting machine. My wife and neighbors all are laughing at me, I am seriously like a kid with a new toy. Heck, I was cleaning stuff over the weekend, including some greasy crap off my wife`s wheels, when I walked out to get the paper, and stepped in a little surprise one of our dogs left me. Guess what? It works GREAT getting the dog doo out of the tread of my outdoor work shoes! A million uses, I`m telling you!

Jim, I`m glad you like it. I need to try the air conditioning trick, sound cool. I hope to stop out and visit your shop one of these days.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn`t resist any longer, just placed my order :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    i was looking at a steam cleaner for my engine bay. im kinda confused about PSI and Watts. which one describes how powerful the steamer is? the one i was looking at by Mcculloch was a 1500W with 35PSI. The SEACO is a 1250W with 50PSI. whats better?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m no expert, but I think you primarily should look at the PSI (pounds pre square inch of pressure) rating to determine how "powerful" the steam cleaner is. I`d guess that the # of watts comes into play during the heating of the water to make steam. The McCulloch unit draws 1,500W while the Saeco unit draws 1,250W. That might mean that it takes the Saeco unit longer to heat the water to make steam, not really sure about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Order placed. Thanks for the reviews on this guys. Im doing an Expedition in a few weeks so I hope to have it by then.

Has anyone tried this on a dirty engine bay yet? I bet this thing will cut a lot of time out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I got one too. I hope it works out (no high hope, though).

I used to have a Delonghi hand-held one (over $100). Worked well and then died

after 1 year. I guess a machine needs to be extremely well-built to take the high-temp

environment like steam. Have not worked up enough guts to buy one of those Ladybugs.

Those are really, really well made (with the cost of a used car. :nervous2: )

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one. What can`t we clean with it? I read earlier that headliners require caution. How `bout blasting engines? Can we pretty much go crazy with the thing in the engine bay? Wouldn`t the extreme heat be a little hard on paint? Clearcoated wheels or door jams for example.

Mikeman out.
    Attain perfection! Remove more clearcoat today!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information