Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search on Klasse SG, and all you get are posts dealing with difficulty of application. Specifically, the buffing off of the SG is what gets most people. Various methods are in use to combat this process.

However, in my case, I can say the SG is the damn near easiest product I`ve ever used. Easier than AIO, easier than Souveran, easier than P21s, etc. I apply a thin layer, wait a few hours, and buff off. One swipe, mild pressure is usually all that is needed to buff off any residue of SG. No hazing, nothing.

I`m starting to think I applied it too thin. Perhaps I needed more product. Anyone else feel like their experience with SG contradicts most other posts in this forum?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, seems like you got it right. the trick is not to apply too much, which is easy to do. I`ve found it very easy to apply and buff off, more so than Zaino, and with the better shine, beading, and durability, it`s now my preferred choice of sealant.

I`m using 3 layers of SG over AIO, topped with a layer of carnauba wax. it`s a damn good combination since my car is parked out in the open at night, and I get lots of industrial fallout in the morning dew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shant, Glad that you got it right. I think it is a very productive product also. I use it on my Olds Bravada. I use Zaino on the other two. At this point I am not sure which is better for me but I like them both.

You might consider yourself lucky because I have heard of others finding it to be a lot of hard work to get it off. Thin is thin and it sounds like you know what that means.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you got the THIN part right!

Now just do it again and again until you cannot stand the shine.

Were you aware you can intermix layers of SG and UPP without any bonding problems? I`ve done this many times - SG over UPP and UPP over SG. I found that the layer of UPP over SG is so "super slickery" that a clean MF will slide off a horizontal surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like you, I`ve found it quite easy to work with. And I`ve wondered about applying it too thin as well. For I don`t get the long life results some claim for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    How many layers? 3 or 4 should be MINIMUM.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of mixed feelings and tricks about SG...I think the one thing that die-hard SG fans suggest is that it never can be too thin...and the thinner it is applied the easier it is to buff off...

-Justin
    "God made turbo lag so V8`s could keep up!"

Post Thanks / Like
    And let`s not forget... thinner means less waste... which adds up to lower cost. Thin is good!

Post Thanks / Like
    I diluted my KSG with enough Acrylic Spritz so that it would spray through a small pump mister, then basically used it as I would a QD. Spray some on the surface, wipe around throroughly, flip the towel, and buff off. It seemed to work very, very well. I can`t say if or how much durability might be affected, if at all, but it`s so easy to use that refreshing what`s on the car is trivial (10 or 15 minutes of wipe-on/wipe-off).

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseAWD
    I diluted my KSG with enough Acrylic Spritz so that it would spray through a small pump mister, then basically used it as I would a QD. Spray some on the surface, wipe around throroughly, flip the towel, and buff off. It seemed to work very, very well. I can`t say if or how much durability might be affected, if at all, but it`s so easy to use that refreshing what`s on the car is trivial (10 or 15 minutes of wipe-on/wipe-off).

Tort

What are you going to use now that the Acrylic Spritz has been discontinued?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chml17l

Water works fine. I`ve been using a 1:6 KSG:Water mixture for about 9 months now, after every wash.

I agree with TortoiseAWD completely, you get a fresh layer of SG with only about 10 minutes work, and the appearance is the same as if you spent an afternoon working on the paint.

2000 Volvo S80</p>

2006 Nissan Murano</p>

2011 BMW 328i</p>

2014 Mercedes E350

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    Don`t remind me. I`m going to miss Acrylic Spritz and Acrylic Glanz.

I`ll probably try some QDs to see if they work OK, and barring that, distilled water. The KSG just needs to be thinned down enough that it can be used with a sprayer of some sort . . .

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you not mix it with something like Menzerna acrylic shield spray, or 1z Lackfinish? Personally I couldn`t be bothered with the whole `apply it so thin it`s invisible` stuff, although I may be tempted to give it another shot in a spray - although with no garage it`s always difficult to leave it long enough before buffing due to the threat of a rain shower!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDon
    Could you not mix it with something like Menzerna acrylic shield spray, or 1z Lackfinish? Personally I couldn`t be bothered with the whole `apply it so thin it`s invisible` stuff, although I may be tempted to give it another shot in a spray - although with no garage it`s always difficult to leave it long enough before buffing due to the threat of a rain shower!
    Possibly . . . I hadn`t thought of trying Menzerna Acrylic Shield; at least it`s still in the realm of acrylics. Might be worth a try.

I dunno about Lackfinish . . . it`s one of the more "finicky" QDs that I`ve used, often leaving some slight smearing behind (YMMV). I think Lackfinish has enough of its own polymer in the mix that it might cause problems with KSG. OTOH, it might be the best thing since sliced bread; never know until you try.

If you want to experiment, you could try almost any QD that is suitable for sealants (Meg`s #34, PB S&W, EO W&S, etc.), but there`s always the chance that the whatever QD you choose and KSG won`t work well together. Since dmatre mentioned that he`s used water with success, that`s probably the way to go (unless you feel like donning the mad scientist`s lab coat and trying stuff out just to see what works).

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    And let`s not forget... thinner means less waste... which adds up to lower cost. Thin is good!

Amen to that!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information