Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks,

I had used a lot of PB SW for quick wash with good result. It seems liked I used about 3-4 oz to finish a 2 door convitable small car (Boxster). (completely cover the surface like raining) Am I using to much?

How much do you use without marring the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    well, it depends...how dirty is your car when you wipe it down?

for a door panel with light dusting, i may use 4-5 pumps of the spray(fine mist) to clean it, by no means does that cover the panel like a rain shower. i`ve probably managed a dozen+ full wipe downs with a 16oz bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the small bottle thinking it would last me a while. 8-10 wipe downs and it is done. My gallon is now on order. I think that the instructions say 1-2 pumps per panel. I believe that most agree that that amount is not enough for most situations.

It is GREAT stuff!

-GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I use quite a bit when I clean my car. I`d rather use more and not have marring then skimp and find a scratch. I`d say I use 3-4 pumps on a door panel/fender, and 4-5 on the hood/roof.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of curiosity, but why is this so popular? I wash my car once a week, but generally it is quite dirty and I would be afraid to use a spray to clean it up (afraid of marring). Even after a day or two of driving it is rather dusty. Why not just wait until your normal wash?

I guess I just hate the thought of possible marring and having to constantly wash microfibers just to wipe my car down every couple of days. And my car produces a lot of brake dust so the car would look pretty strange with clean paint and dirty wheels (I wouldn`t want to bust out the bucket just to clean my wheels, and a towel would get extremely dirty if I used it on the wheels). QEW sounds like a better alternative to me, but I still prefer normal washing.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me this stuff keeps me working, particularly on those cars I can`t get to until later in the day which means no sun light, this product enables me to clean the customer`s car in the garage. To date I have not had any issues with marring with 4-5 spritz on each panel, this stuff works like a charm. Oh and the look on the faces of my customers when they walk in their garages and see their car sparkling without moving it is priceless. Of course if the car has an inch of filth then.....
    Wax on Wax off....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaXwOrKs
    For me this stuff keeps me working, particularly on those cars I can`t get to until later in the day which means no sun light, this product enables me to clean the customer`s car in the garage. To date I have not had any issues with marring with 4-5 spritz on each panel, this stuff works like a charm. Oh and the look on the faces of my customers when they walk in their garages and see their car sparkling without moving it is priceless. Of course if the car has an inch of filth then.....
    So, I guess what I should ask is, how much dirt on a car would be considered too much to S&W safely? Is it safe only for light dusting?
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use S&W only when dust accumulation is greater than what I feel comfortable tackling with a QD. I don`t use it to replace a normal wash or even a QEW, but I do use it when the car is dusty, for the simple reason that I hate driving a dusty car. Washing towels more often is a tradeoff for driving a non-dusty car, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRyan
    Just out of curiosity, but why is this so popular? I wash my car once a week, but generally it is quite dirty and I would be afraid to use a spray to clean it up (afraid of marring). Even after a day or two of driving it is rather dusty. Why not just wait until your normal wash?

I guess I just hate the thought of possible marring and having to constantly wash microfibers just to wipe my car down every couple of days. And my car produces a lot of brake dust so the car would look pretty strange with clean paint and dirty wheels (I wouldn`t want to bust out the bucket just to clean my wheels, and a towel would get extremely dirty if I used it on the wheels). QEW sounds like a better alternative to me, but I still prefer normal washing.

Some people don`t have the luxury of being able to wash their car whenever they want. I live in a loft-style building and park in a parking garage - can`t wash it there and unless I go to a coin op I don`t really have anywhere else to wash it. I hit it with S&G and S&W every couple days.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good info.

I used S&W on my white working van quiet often. If dealing with dark color paint, I will really not to use any qd or S&W...etc. other than wash unless it is only dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRyan
    So, I guess what I should ask is, how much dirt on a car would be considered too much to S&W safely? Is it safe only for light dusting?

If the car is kept outside, I would say you could use it a few days after you`ve washed it. Depending on how heavy the dust settles. It also works after a light rain, or if the sprinklers have gotten to it.

S&W is also terrific for wheels, just use your rag MF`s if you have any. If not, pick up an 8pack of MF`s from Wally-world for $5.
    2003.5 Desert Platinum Infiniti G35 Sedan

Biweekly Routine---Wash: Foam gun + NXT Wash (Microfibers), then topped with #16 or OCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrecktid
    If the car is kept outside, I would say you could use it a few days after you`ve washed it. Depending on how heavy the dust settles. It also works after a light rain, or if the sprinklers have gotten to it.

S&W is also terrific for wheels, just use your rag MF`s if you have any. If not, pick up an 8pack of MF`s from Wally-world for $5.

:2thumbs: thats exactly what my response was going to be, I was actually surprised to see how well it losens up the break dust on wheels. I would never replace this with all washes but its to valuable to me to be without it.
    Wax on Wax off....

Post Thanks / Like
    I mainly use the S&W on well maintained cars that are just lightly dirty. I find it is great to use if say I wash on Wednesday and plan to wax on Friday. In this case, I don`t want to re-wash but I also don`t want to wax a dirty surface so I would use the S&W right before waxing.

An added bonus of doing this prior to waxing instead of a full wash, assuming the paint is already in good shape, is that you don`t have water dripping out of crevices onto the wax as you try to apply it.

-GT

Post Thanks / Like
    As the others mention, this one is a winner! I really like how it performs. :up

I say the amount of pumps depend on how the sprayer blows the mist. I personally find 3-5 for the majority of situations. The only "IF" I find in the product is the statement of "cleans only, it doesn`t add wax or anything" S&W leaves the paint slicker than many quick detailers, so I have a hard time believing it doesn`t add anything to the paint.....

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that I am unusual, because I use it everyday. I use it when I dry after a wash. I use when I wipe the morning dew off the truck. I use it before I leave to go to the store. I use it at least two times a day. Guess I use it alot. That and spray and gloss. I have not been using it for the hood because I have a carnuaba test going on the hood at the moment. I use Pinnacle Crystal Mist for that.

I use two or three ounces for my truck. It has tonneau cover so it has a lot of area to do. There is a certain amount of self induced marring. I say self induced because sometimes i rub to hard. The marring is not because of the spray and wipe.

I am a proud member of the five gallon club. For both spray and wipe and spray and gloss. A terrific product, I never leave home without it.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information