Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the best product out there that actually works? I have lots of marring on my paint which is only noticeable at certain angles in the sun and under the lights in my garage. You cant feel the darn things with your hand but its so frustrating to take such good care of my car to end up with marring, swirls what ever you call it. I have tried using SSR2.5 a few different times without any improvement at all. I got slow, 2x2 area, speed of 5-6, wipe it off and its the excat same as it was. I`m gonna try and get pics tomorrow to show you what it looks like. Help please! :hairpull

Post Thanks / Like
    Were you using a cutting pad? Are you positive the SSR2.5 properly broke down before you moved on to the next section? If none of these are working, you may have a very hard clear, and need to step up to a compound or a rotary.

SSR2.5 is a pretty aggressive product and should handle most cutting chores on most vehicles. If you need something steeper than 2.5, chances are it`s a hard clearcoat, or improper use of the machine/polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using Sonus DAS orange cutting pad with the ssr2.5. The car is a 2002 ford mustang gt, don`t know if the clearcoat is harder than most or what. I feel like im pretty proficient with the PC and I spend about 5 minutes on a small section and its like I didn`t even do anything to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happenned to me also. My CMA 6" Orange Pad using Menzerna IP did not remove some micro scratches on my own 2006 Civic. Switched to a CMA Yellow pad and away they went. I would definitely try a Yellow cutting pad. If that doesn`t do it then be ready to switch polishes.....Menzerna, Optimum etc. or step up to a compound like BlackSunshine says.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m using sonus msot agressive pad far as I know so maybe I`ll try out some optimum polish next time. Do You have a site where I can get some? I Don`t think they sell any here do they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell us a bit about your car? Make, model, colour, year, any repainting that`s been done, etc.

One possibility to keep in mind is that the defects might be in the base coat instead of the clear coat.

Another possibility is that the paint is soft and you need to use a milder polish and pad, not stronger ones.
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a 2002 Mustang GT, laser tint red in color and hasn`t had any repainting don to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had pretty bad swirling - it looked just horrid in the sun. I tried SSR2.5 on the yellow pad, it did a little, but didn`t get most of them out. I decided to go for it and went with SSR3 (the compound) on the yellow pad - bingo, no more swirls. If 2.5 isn`t giving you the results you want, try a compound, just make sure you keep the PC at a slow speed (3 or less), and check your work often.

Post Thanks / Like
    IF it is MICROMARRING, I can highly recommend FPII and PO85RD.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinrulz
    Well, I`m using sonus msot agressive pad far as I know so maybe I`ll try out some optimum polish next time. Do You have a site where I can get some? I Don`t think they sell any here do they?

If your having problems with SSR2.5, I doubt Optimum Polish will do you any better via PC. I have heard that Optimum Compound and a cutting pad works very well via PC, and is probably one of the most aggressive combos you get via PC.

I have yet to try the combo out though.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK heres a couple pics to show you guys what I`m talking about here. Click image for a better view.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, FPII on a polishing pad wil make quick work of that...and leave the most haze free finish that I can find.

Post Thanks / Like
    One pass of DACP with a polishing pad @ 5.5-6 would knock those right out. Honestly, I can`t believe that the 2.5 didn`t get them.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this same thread over on svtperformance.com (lots of knowledgable folks over there also) and was suggested that I use a less aggressive pad with with the SSR2.5. I think I`ll pick up some of the DACP and FP II. Do they sell those 2 products here?

Post Thanks / Like
    I struggled with the Sonus DAS pads and the SFX lineup on two cars, even tried Menzerna IP with no luck. Meg`s #80 on the same two cars did the trick first time. Of course, I got some hands on instruction on how to properly use the PC before trying the Meg`s, but I sure could work the 80 longer than the others without dusting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information