Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using 303 Aerospace Protectant on my tires & wheels for some time, and really like the product. But should I be using on just the tires and not the wheels? I like the effect it has on the tires (sheen, not the wet look), but will it protect my AMG double-spoke wheels--I believe they are clearcoat protected already?

Anyone w/ experience or advice...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Using it on the wheels? No, just stick to using it on the tires. Use a wheel sealant or similar if you want to protect the wheels.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I was thinking too, but I just ran across this quote on the www.properautocare.com Website:

"Brake Dust: How to make your wheels repel brake dust & easier cleanup: When treating your tires with 303, spray the wheels, too. Then wipe them completely dry with a soft, absorbent cloth. Wheels polished this way have a beautiful luster. And they will repel dirt, dust, grease, oil and road film to stay cleaner, longer. The best news is when the wheels do become soiled and need cleaning again, they`ll clean up much, much easier. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant regularly, keep your wheels looking great and save yourself a lot of time at cleanup. 303 Aerospace Protectant is 100% safe for all wheels, all alloys."

Is that true or just advertising? Are there better alternative products?

Post Thanks / Like
    wow I have never heard of that before! It still seems rediculous to me though. I highly recommend using Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant or Klasse SG on the wheels instead. I guess if you think the 303 has been working, go ahead! I just can`t imagine a vinyl/rubber protectant being much help to wheels, especially clearcoated ones like mine.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to keep the wheels looking good I would say AIO and a sealant of your choice, there are soooo many good luck !

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks but what is AIO?

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO = Klasse All-in-One

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read that blurb somewhere too. I tried 303 on my wheels but it didn`t improve things for me in terms of appearance or ease of cleaning. I use AIO and SG on my wheels with good results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramp
    That is what I was thinking too, but I just ran across this quote on the www.properautocare.com Website:

"Brake Dust: How to make your wheels repel brake dust & easier cleanup: When treating your tires with 303, spray the wheels, too. Then wipe them completely dry with a soft, absorbent cloth. Wheels polished this way have a beautiful luster. And they will repel dirt, dust, grease, oil and road film to stay cleaner, longer. The best news is when the wheels do become soiled and need cleaning again, they`ll clean up much, much easier. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant regularly, keep your wheels looking great and save yourself a lot of time at cleanup. 303 Aerospace Protectant is 100% safe for all wheels, all alloys."

Is that true or just advertising? Are there better alternative products?

303 also claims it can be used to protect your paint for 6 months at a time. :nervous:

http://www.303products.com/tech/inde...Product_ID=360

I think I`ll stick to using it for interiors.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJ JIM 96
    303 also claims it can be used to protect your paint for 6 months at a time. :nervous:

http://www.303products.com/tech/inde...Product_ID=360

I think I`ll stick to using it for interiors.

I checked out this link and there are some pics of some guy`s car who sent in this "tip" to 303. Not impressed at all with the shine (or lack there of) on his paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend told me to try Blackfire Gel Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Any of you tried that?

BTW: I found a low-tech but very effective way of keeping my new wheels "free" of brake dust. I bought a $10 feather duster, and now they always look great. Just a few seconds/wheel once a week and VoilÃ`! Once clean it is really easy to keep looking good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, nice avatar. I use 303 on my interior trim, but no where else. When used on exterior trim, it can streak if you`re caught in the rain, and I have also never heard of using it on wheels. Your best bet to curb brake dust would be to apply a sealant to the wheels themselves (either AIO, Poorboy`s World Wheel Sealant, or even just a simple coat of wax will help and make clean-up easier.)

Post Thanks / Like
    303 on interior is excellent. Very matte & Clean look. Definetly easy on the eyes while driving.
    Detailing is not an obession, its a way of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, your avatar looks familiar too. Are you going to the KU v OK football game at Arrowhead Saturday?

I have used 303 on my tires and love the effect. It lasts for weeks and always looks good. I did put Meguiar"s clearcoat wax on the wheels, but they still dust-up like crazy. However, I found a low-tech and very effective way of taking care of the brake dust on my wheels: I bought a $10 feather duster and in just a few seconds/wheel, once a week, they stay remarkably clean all the time! Between the feather duster and my California Car Duster I have substantially increased the time between washing and detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramp
    Thanks, your avatar looks familiar too. Are you going to the KU v OK football game at Arrowhead Saturday?

I have used 303 on my tires and love the effect. It lasts for weeks and always looks good. I did put Meguiar"s clearcoat wax on the wheels, but they still dust-up like crazy. However, I found a low-tech and very effective way of taking care of the brake dust on my wheels: I bought a $10 feather duster and in just a few seconds/wheel, once a week, they stay remarkably clean all the time! Between the feather duster and my California Car Duster I have substantially increased the time between washing and detailing.

:xyxthumbs sounds good. I am home for fall break and won`t make it to the game.

Thread Information