Post Thanks / Like
    (Audi) Avus silver

Since last polish in May, car has since had 3 x PB EX, collinite IW, collinite 476s, IW again, in that order.

Car looks magnificent and paint feels smooth and slick. Insane beading, nice dark deep wet finish, but one or two spider web marks showing from washing/water blading that I`g like to get rid of, and want to see if i can improve finish even further without stripping off whats on there.

I`d like to try VM as it gets rave reviews here. Does it truly provide a `glaze` that is superior to what I have now?

Can I use it over the products already on the paint without stripping too much off?

What exactly is the difference between this `glaze` and any other quality carnuba wax?

If I can use VM like this and its a good idea, what is the longevity of VM like as opposed to collinite. Could I use either IW or 476s again over VM at a later date? I assume I could use IW again as it has some cleaners too doesn`t it?

All anwers/views/tips/ideas geatly appreciated.

Cam

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    well you could use VM over what you have but I suspect that VM will remove some of what is on the car. IF you use the VM it would be wise to lock in the look by topping with a true LSP like the 845.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d polish out the car with VM then top it with 845. Very nice and wet combo.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Camv6- Since the marring is almost certainly in the paint (as opposed to in the wax) you`ll have to work through the wax to get to, and remove, said marring. So yeah, you`ll have to redo the wax.

Don`t count on any hiding/glaze effects from the VM, IMO waxes like 476S do at least as much to hide imperfections. Everybody seems to use words like "glaze"/etc. differently and I think of VM as a high-grade cleaner wax and that`s how I use it.

VM is too mild to remove any marring from factory Audi paint (I`ve had many Audis, most were silver too). Do what you have to do to get the finish right, then apply what you like and see how it weathers the winter.

Oh, and get a foamgun to help reduce the wash-induced marring. Five months is sorta soon to need repolishing so I`d work on the wash/dry technique. I did my wife`s A8 around the same time and it won`t need polished until at least next spring.

OTOH, maybe we`re talking about such light marring that it`d be better to just live with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fellas. BTW, what do you mean by a `foam brush` ?

I`ve no idea what this is unless you mean the brush attachment that does on the end of a pressure washer lance?

Post Thanks / Like
    "Foam[b]gun[/g]". Which you can use to blast lubricating/cleaning shampoo suds through a boar`s hair brush, if you like (good for gritty winter dirt).

Doing the dreaded SEARCH on "foamgun" is, IMO, worth the time and hassle

Thread Information