Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just detailed my dads truck and he had some polished alloy wheels that were in horrible shape. I first used some SOS to give the wheels a good cleaning and then tried Mothers Aluminum wheel polish. My results were just mediocre. I then purchased Impressive Reflections Heavy Metal polsih medium grade and I was amazed at how effortless it was to clean and polish the wheels and how little product it took to do the job. I was very impressed with the resluts and will definitley keep it in my arsenal. They make 3 grades, heavy, medium and light.

http://www.heavymetalpolish.com/Products/Polishes/

Unfortunately I didn`t take any before pictures but they were very dull, heavily oxidized and dirty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, when Mothers doesn`t work for my I go to Zaino`s glass polish- I garauntee it will clean any wheel with ease!
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    The Heavy Metal polishes are excellent! (You should have tried some of the fine after the medium :xyxthumbs )

The only metal polishes I`ve found better are the ones made by English Custom Polishes...

http://www.englishcustompolishing.co...utomotive.html

The Showmans Ultra Fine polish is incredible on stainless and billets! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White_F150
    The Heavy Metal polishes are excellent! (You should have tried some of the fine after the medium :xyxthumbs )

The only metal polishes I`ve found better are the ones made by English Custom Polishes...

http://www.englishcustompolishing.co...utomotive.html

The Showmans Ultra Fine polish is incredible on stainless and billets! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

I plan on getting some of the fine and heavy also. I have some aluminum pieces that I need to polish for my boat and looking forward to giving the others ones a try also. If I get the truck back, I`ll give it a quick polish with the fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Burlyq
    Looks good, when Mothers doesn`t work for my I go to Zaino`s glass polish- I garauntee it will clean any wheel with ease!

That`s great, but it`s not available in a local store so the shipping cost would make it more expensive and it doesn`t get any easier than Heavy Metal polish unless someone else does it for you. :LOLOL

I`m into saving money where I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 94BlkStang
    That`s great, but it`s not available in a local store so the shipping cost would make it more expensive and it doesn`t get any easier than Heavy Metal polish unless someone else does it for you. :LOLOL

I`m into saving money where I can.
    Looks like you need three types for each type of metal, but Zaino`s glass cleaner is gentle enough for any metal plus it is good on glass. You metal cleaner 8.99 x 3, plus say 5 bucks for a OTC glass cleaner= 31.97 versus one bottle of Zaino`s glass cleaner plus shipping 20 bucks, so it`s all in how you look at it. Anyhow, I always grab the Mothers first and it works 95% of the time and is 7 bucks for the BIG size!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you need three types for each type of metal, but Zaino`s glass cleaner is gentle enough for any metal plus it is good on glass. You metal cleaner 8.99 x 3, plus say 5 bucks for a OTC glass cleaner= 31.97 versus one bottle of Zaino`s glass cleaner plus shipping 20 bucks, so it`s all in how you look at it. Anyhow, I always grab the Mothers first and it works 95% of the time and is 7 bucks for the BIG size!

Glad you`re happy with your product as my single step polish worked just fine also with no shipping cost and the manufacturer is local. Some people might want that little extra and have all 3 grades for various applications but not necessary. Kind of like a car polish. If you`d like to send me a sample of your miracle Zaino glass polish, I`d be glad to do a comparison for you. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    i use this:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 94BlkStang
    I plan on getting some of the fine and heavy also. I have some aluminum pieces that I need to polish for my boat and looking forward to giving the others ones a try also. If I get the truck back, I`ll give it a quick polish with the fine.

Be careful what you use the "heavy" on... it is really abrasive.

BTW, what "local" store are you getting the Heavy Metal Polishes? Is it a Automotive chain store?
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    It can damage wheels? :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    umm YES! you can "warp`(not common) it or scratch the hell outa it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psl car wash
    umm YES! you can "warp`(not common) it or scratch the hell outa it
    Great! Thanks for recommending such a wonderful product to whoever posted this. :think: :think: :think: :think:

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this will help. It was taken from their website.

Heavy MetalĂ‚® Coarse Abrasive Polish: Our Coarse Abrasive Formula is recommended for use as a stripping and smoothing agent on rough heavily oxidized, or corroded non-plated metals. Our Coarse Abrasive Formula functions in a similar manner to liquid sand paper, and should be followed by our Heavy MetalĂ‚® Medium Abrasive or Ultra Fine Abrasive Formula polishes to achieve a brilliant shine.

As in any product you should understand the application before winging it and testing in an inconspicuous area. As in most detailing problems it`s usually in the person applying the product and not the products fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds shakey? Three step metal polish and the follow up polishes will even the scratches made by the heavy polish? That doesn`t seam scarey to anyone else but me?

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, what "local" store are you getting the Heavy Metal Polishes? Is it a Automotive chain store?

There`s a local chain of auto parts stores that I got it from as it`s distributed by Performance Warehouse that feeds many parts stores throughout the northwest. Les Schwab tires also carries it and they can be found in many western states and for you burly, they have stores in northern California.

It`s good to know about the abrasiveness of the products and it points out in their website that it`s a very abrasive product also. The exhaust manifolds I need to polish for my boat are pretty rough, but I`ll start with the medium and see if I`ll need the heavy. Thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information