Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I got an order in today from Autogeek consisting of Poorboys World Wheel Sealant, Spray and Wipe, Bug Squash, and the Pinnacle bug and tar sponge. My GTO was slightly dusty as it was washed Monday evening, QD`d yesterday with Z6, and driven around town for about 30 minutes. It was about 95 degrees here today, and I was using the stuff in direct sunlight. The only place I got some streaking was on the hood, but it was very warm to the touch. The stuff smells great, is very economical (I got the 32 oz. size), and a little goes a long way. It`s a great filler for when you don`t want to make a mess in the garage with the QEW, but want some extra room for error over a standard QD when tackling dust accumulation. I have a feeling it will become a staple in my lineup until something better comes along.

I followed it with an application of Clearkote QS to get some pop, as the S&W does not have any wax in it. My LSP is Z2Pro. Pretty happy with it for now. :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you on the S&W love. As an owner of a black daily driver it`s a must.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the S&W club. Keep in mind S&W can be used on vinyl, glass, and leather also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to open this can of worms, but is this a cg product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine

Close the can, please. :nono

Spray and Wipe is a product by Poorboys World.

Post Thanks / Like
    can closed.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think you will find anything like it on CG`s site. CG`s does have a waterless wash, but it contains carnauba which doesn`t really make it a true wash IMO.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get CG`s Waterless Wash in a carnauba-free version according to their website..."The wait is over, now our customers can choose between Carnauba enhanced or wax free Quick Detail Sprays."

It`s your problem if you think there`s a "can."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    You can get CG`s Waterless Wash in a carnauba-free version according to their website..."The wait is over, now our customers can choose between Carnauba enhanced or wax free Quick Detail Sprays."

It`s your problem if you think there`s a "can."

So, problem or not (which is irrelevant), is the carnauba free cg product the same thing as S&W is the real question.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, problem or not (which is irrelevant), is the carnauba free cg product the same thing as S&W is the real question.

You`ll never get a definite answer on that one way or the other, but I understand it to be an equivalent product (haven`t used it though).

P.S. The "can" statement wasn`t directed towards you at all

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the difference between "Spray and Wipe" and "Spray and Gloss"? I though that S&W had some form of cleaning chemical in it. But what`s the difference and what is S&G best suited to?

Can S&G be used on vinyl, glass, and leather also?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    does it really matter? if it works it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only got S&G a couple of days ago. I`ve used in on the paintwork after a clean and it`s great stuff. I was just wondering whether it`s used on other things also. I`m also wondering whether I should get some S&W as well if their uses are different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    You`ll never get a definite answer on that one way or the other, but I understand it to be an equivalent product (haven`t used it though).

P.S. The "can" statement wasn`t directed towards you at all

Interesting... I would imagine it would be hard to tell a difference between the two in terms of performance/overall appearance. Unless they have a different scent, it would be hard to tell differentiate the two. I would tend to go with the more cost effective option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn
    I only got S&G a couple of days ago. I`ve used in on the paintwork after a clean and it`s great stuff. I was just wondering whether it`s used on other things also. I`m also wondering whether I should get some S&W as well if their uses are different.

S&W is marketed as a waterless carwash type of product. It does not contain any wax at all, so it is purely for cleaning (if I understand correctly). The Spray and Gloss is more of a quick detail kind of product that contains some gloss enhancing agents. This product would be used after cleaning the car with Spray and Wipe to renew gloss and sparkle. My car looked great after using just S&W, but I went ahead and used Clearkote Quikshine over it... just cuz I can darn it. :dance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information