Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to have gotten the hang of applying the 303 to the tires. After two applications they are a matte, but rich black. I used paper towels to dry the 303 off the sidewalls. It`s the interior I`m having problems with. I reapplied 303 to my interior tonight by spraying it on and using a pre-soaked (with 303) sponge to spread it around. Then I took a large terry bath towel and flipping & refolding it often, buffed the panel for a few minutes before moving on to the next area. I sprinkled the panels w/water to check for beading, but the water flattened out like before. Then I used the sponge to apply 303 to a small area on a plastic sprayer that is a few years old. I didn`t get the surface wet w/303, just a nice coating. After buffing the area with a paper towel, I sprayed it with the hose. The area repelled the water and what did remain on the surface was in tight beads.

Is it because my interior plastic/vinyl is heavily textured, or am I missing something??
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    You said you used it on the interior, but you sprayed it with a hose? 303 is not made for paint. It is for rubber & plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don-- I saw your reply from 303 about buffing it off after applying it. I have used 303 on my interior quite a bit, but I had really never buffed all that much after applying it . I usually just rewipe the treated area with a clean mf to even out any streaking.

I`ve never tried a water bead test on my interior after applying the 303 the way I normally would. But, the differences you are seeing may be due to the textures of your interior surfaces. The difference betweeen plastics could also be a contributing factor when comparing the sprayer`s beading to the interior plastics.

It seems that the makers of 303 were quite specific with their instructions to buff off the excess product. I`m still trying to figure out if it really makes a difference to the final protection that is actually left behind or not. :think: :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    303 is a polymer system.

It needs to be applied wet and must be allowed to dry. After it dries it can be buffed to suit.

I find that a final buff with a barely damp mf towel does the trick and really makes it look nice.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    jeeesh...just get megs natural shine...easy on matte finish...

Post Thanks / Like
    I never buff unless tha application was spotchly (sp?)

Thread Information