Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my entire car over once with SSR1, and a green Propel (I am pretty sure) pad. I tossed everything in the wash as usual, but that is the only thing that didn`t come out clean. There is still a lot of product left in the pad, and I`ve resorted to sqeezing it out by hand, it still has a pretty similar consistancy as it does out of the bottle.

Should I have used a pad with smaller pores? The next step down in aggressiveness would have been a blue pad.

Was I not letting the product completely break down, leading to it soaking into the pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    ssr1 will stain any pad. Don`t worry about the color. I think that is what you are trying say right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, yes it is stained, but I wasn`t worried about that too much.

There is still a significant amount left in the pad, even after washing, which is where my concern comes from. I washed it in the washing machine, and also by hand, but there is still some left. I`m wondering if I should have used a different pad, worked the product longer, or if this is just a common problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it best once you are done using the pads to put them directly in a bucket with water so the polish doesnt dry. I usually give them a quick hose off to get the bulk off too. Try soaking them with some dawn and warm water to see if it will helps you get it out. I then work the pads by hand under running warm water. I just keep working it over and over till it all comes out. Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, SSR1 can be tough to get out of pads. I do what impulse does and after I`m done spray it off really well then put it in a bucket of warm water for ~hour. Then I just run it under warm water and brush the remaining gunk out. I find washing my pads in a washing machine tends to leave product in them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to soak my pads in a bucket of hot Dawn water for at least an hour, then wash by hand with Dawn, massaging out all the residual product. It usually takes me 2-3 minutes per pad after a soaking. I only use the washing machine for my MF towels. There isn`t enough agitation in the washer to get the product out of the foam, and the spin cycle will only further embed the residuals. Blast the back of the pad next time with your hose before soaking and cleaning.

Try less product next time you use SSR1, that might be the culprit too.

Thread Information