Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to decide between the 12 gallon 5hp model (WD1245) and the 4 gallon 5hp (WD4050). Besides the size I want to compare these units. Price is the same I think ($70). In terms of features (eg. blower function, diameter of tubing, etc) are these units the same? If the 12 gallon model had a 10 amp motor vs a 9 amp in the 4 gallon model does that mean it has more suction or lift? Does one have more attachments that come standard (I`m aware that there are accesory kits). Do they use the same filter?

Also I`m a little confused. When I did a search a few posts came up that discussed the unavailability of an 1 7/8" to 1 1/4" adapter. My understanding is that most attachments are made to fit units that use 1 1/4" tubing. But doesn`t the vac and the kit made specifically for the models using 1 7/8" tubing come with everything you could possibly need like crevice tools, brushes, etc.?

Any input would be a great help. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to decide between the 12 gallon 5hp model (WD1245) and the 4 gallon 5hp (WD4050). Besides the size I want to compare these units. Price is the same I think ($70). In terms of features (eg. blower function, diameter of tubing, etc) are these units the same? If the 12 gallon model had a 10 amp motor vs a 9 amp in the 4 gallon model does that mean it has more suction or lift? Does one have more attachments that come standard (I`m aware that there are accesory kits). Do they use the same filter?

Also I`m a little confused. When I did a search a few posts came up that discussed the unavailability of an 1 7/8" to 1 1/4" adapter. My understanding is that most attachments are made to fit units that use 1 1/4" tubing. But doesn`t the vac and the kit made specifically for the models using 1 7/8" tubing come with everything you could possibly need like crevice tools, brushes, etc.?

Any input would be a great help. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    hiya, both vacs have all of the suction you will ever need, really the only descision to make would be size, IMO. I have the 4 gallon, and I could probably vacum out 10 vehicles or more b4 I would ever have to empty it. plus theres the whole portability factor, I can just stick it in the back of my car and go. As far as attachments are concerned, yeah....the rigid detailing kit is the way to go, basically it is just a 1 1/4" hose that fits perfectly into the vac, but as far as accesories, it only comes with a crevice tool and a dusting brush, those little tiny brushes you have to buy separate, they had them up on the wall in HD last time i checked.

Post Thanks / Like
    hiya, both vacs have all of the suction you will ever need, really the only descision to make would be size, IMO. I have the 4 gallon, and I could probably vacum out 10 vehicles or more b4 I would ever have to empty it. plus theres the whole portability factor, I can just stick it in the back of my car and go. As far as attachments are concerned, yeah....the rigid detailing kit is the way to go, basically it is just a 1 1/4" hose that fits perfectly into the vac, but as far as accesories, it only comes with a crevice tool and a dusting brush, those little tiny brushes you have to buy separate, they had them up on the wall in HD last time i checked.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m agree with Neo62381, I just bought the same vac and have been really satisfied with it. :up
    1998 Ford Explorer 5.0

www.ExplorerX.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m agree with Neo62381, I just bought the same vac and have been really satisfied with it. :up
    1998 Ford Explorer 5.0

www.ExplorerX.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll just third that.......
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll just third that.......
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help guys I`m on my way to HD.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help guys I`m on my way to HD.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine came with a lifetime warranty as well

Post Thanks / Like
    mine came with a lifetime warranty as well

Post Thanks / Like
    went to home depot and they were all gone and no home depots around had them in stock and are not ordering them soon

Post Thanks / Like
    went to home depot and they were all gone and no home depots around had them in stock and are not ordering them soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you order it online and have it shipped?
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information