Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Z2pro.

Its like putting a layer of Superman on your paint, with alittle Angelina for the looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    can i put Z2pro on straight from the SSR polishes or the Menzerna twins? I understand zaino`s durability and would be interested in using it but I get turned off from all the steps and separate products. If I can buy the polishes and the z2pro don`t I need to buy (I think) zfx or z1? If we can keep it to that then its a done deal. Thanks everyone for helping poor me out!

Post Thanks / Like
    can i put Z2pro on straight from the SSR polishes or the Menzerna twins? I understand zaino`s durability and would be interested in using it but I get turned off from all the steps and separate products. If I can buy the polishes and the z2pro don`t I need to buy (I think) zfx or z1? If we can keep it to that then its a done deal. Thanks everyone for helping poor me out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes........To Zaino or not to Zaino! Zaino is worth the investment.ZFX,Z2 Pro,Z5,Z6,Z7& Z8 in exchange for your $100.00 will protect your vehicle for a long, long time. The "Z" system is a commitment with a multiple step process.

Sounds to me like you need a Klasse All in One/Carnauba combo to cure your itch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes........To Zaino or not to Zaino! Zaino is worth the investment.ZFX,Z2 Pro,Z5,Z6,Z7& Z8 in exchange for your $100.00 will protect your vehicle for a long, long time. The "Z" system is a commitment with a multiple step process.

Sounds to me like you need a Klasse All in One/Carnauba combo to cure your itch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clay: any locally available clay

Wash:

Z7 ($9)

Polish:

Menzerna IP

Z-PC Fusion ($19)

I have added a Optimum polishing step between IP and Z-PC that I really like for the "total" package in the Spring prep.

Protectant:

Z2-PRO($15) and ZFX ($19)

QD:

Z8($19)

I have a 95 Black Z28 Convertible and live in southcentral Va. Though this vehicle has never seen a cloudy, let alone a rainy day, my daily drivers (Escalade (white) and wife`s Lexus LS400 (black) ) are both prep and protected by the above regimen and look pristine all of the time without the constant rejuveniation of gloss and shine beyond a Z7 wash and occasional Z6 or Z8 QD`ing afterwards.

This system approach would be money well spent if the schedule you outline above is your detailing plans for both durability and appearance on GM paint.

Do not forget, your biggest enemy to the maintenence of your "black" finish will be yourself. You will be the largest contributor to your surface marring.... Washing and QD`ing.

Be careful performing these tasks and you will be well rewarded with the above products . :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Clay: any locally available clay

Wash:

Z7 ($9)

Polish:

Menzerna IP

Z-PC Fusion ($19)

I have added a Optimum polishing step between IP and Z-PC that I really like for the "total" package in the Spring prep.

Protectant:

Z2-PRO($15) and ZFX ($19)

QD:

Z8($19)

I have a 95 Black Z28 Convertible and live in southcentral Va. Though this vehicle has never seen a cloudy, let alone a rainy day, my daily drivers (Escalade (white) and wife`s Lexus LS400 (black) ) are both prep and protected by the above regimen and look pristine all of the time without the constant rejuveniation of gloss and shine beyond a Z7 wash and occasional Z6 or Z8 QD`ing afterwards.

This system approach would be money well spent if the schedule you outline above is your detailing plans for both durability and appearance on GM paint.

Do not forget, your biggest enemy to the maintenence of your "black" finish will be yourself. You will be the largest contributor to your surface marring.... Washing and QD`ing.

Be careful performing these tasks and you will be well rewarded with the above products . :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    We have 3 black cars in my family. I also try to keep up on my neighbor`s 2 black cars. My favorite combo that I have tried so far was :

SSR2.5

SSR1

EX

Souveran

I just redid my mom`s black LX470 last weekend with:

SSR2.5

Adams Revive/Scratch and swirl remover mix

NXT

Optimum

Optimum looks awesome on every color that I have tried it on; however, on black.....Souveran is king (IMO).
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    We have 3 black cars in my family. I also try to keep up on my neighbor`s 2 black cars. My favorite combo that I have tried so far was :

SSR2.5

SSR1

EX

Souveran

I just redid my mom`s black LX470 last weekend with:

SSR2.5

Adams Revive/Scratch and swirl remover mix

NXT

Optimum

Optimum looks awesome on every color that I have tried it on; however, on black.....Souveran is king (IMO).
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option is Jeff`s Werkstatt, aka Carlack with nanotechnology. Similar to Klasse in application but more similar to Zaino in appearance.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option is Jeff`s Werkstatt, aka Carlack with nanotechnology. Similar to Klasse in application but more similar to Zaino in appearance.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I`m really stuck on using the SSR line b/c of the ease of use, work in direct sunlight, and great results. I really am leaning towards the Zaino route but really don`t wanna have to buy the Z7 wash (got plenty of NXT wash and Eagle One) and the Z8 as a QD on top of the purchase of z2pro and ZFX. Can I use a different QD because I like my mothers showtime. Can I get away with just ZFX and Z2pro and not use the Z7 wash? This is why the zaino process is discouraging in ways b/c it gets so complicated! The other route I like is the EX, I`ve seen great results on black but what about its durability? I`ve searched on this topic and it seems mixed with opinions. The wash, clay, SSR`s and EX sounds like a nice and easy combo with minimal steps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I`m really stuck on using the SSR line b/c of the ease of use, work in direct sunlight, and great results. I really am leaning towards the Zaino route but really don`t wanna have to buy the Z7 wash (got plenty of NXT wash and Eagle One) and the Z8 as a QD on top of the purchase of z2pro and ZFX. Can I use a different QD because I like my mothers showtime. Can I get away with just ZFX and Z2pro and not use the Z7 wash? This is why the zaino process is discouraging in ways b/c it gets so complicated! The other route I like is the EX, I`ve seen great results on black but what about its durability? I`ve searched on this topic and it seems mixed with opinions. The wash, clay, SSR`s and EX sounds like a nice and easy combo with minimal steps.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you still have the NXT use it as a base and top with 845- 845 should bead for 3-5 months

I thought the #845 would last a good 7-8 months. I`m waay off.

Is the 3-5 months on the new 845 formula??

Post Thanks / Like
    If you still have the NXT use it as a base and top with 845- 845 should bead for 3-5 months

I thought the #845 would last a good 7-8 months. I`m waay off.

Is the 3-5 months on the new 845 formula??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information