Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the 1:6 Woolite/H20 solution on everything in my interior and it always performed well. Not only do I use it on carpets, seats, dash, and vinyl pannels, I also use it on my speedometer and radio face. It has never let me down with any interior surface.

I don`t see the need for the new interior products,e.g. Meg`s Quik Interior Detailer and Sonus Cockpit Detailer.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the 1:6 Woolite/H20 solution on everything in my interior and it always performed well. Not only do I use it on carpets, seats, dash, and vinyl pannels, I also use it on my speedometer and radio face. It has never let me down with any interior surface.

I don`t see the need for the new interior products,e.g. Meg`s Quik Interior Detailer and Sonus Cockpit Detailer.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think Quik Interior Detailer/Sonus Cockpit Detailer is intended as a cleaner as the Woolite/Water mix is. I love the Woolite mixture, but if you are going to use it on plastic then you need to follow it up with some protectant. I put it up there with clay as one of the best detailing things I`ve ever used.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think Quik Interior Detailer/Sonus Cockpit Detailer is intended as a cleaner as the Woolite/Water mix is. I love the Woolite mixture, but if you are going to use it on plastic then you need to follow it up with some protectant. I put it up there with clay as one of the best detailing things I`ve ever used.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Woolite and water is one of the best cleaning solutions I`ve found. Smells great too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Woolite and water is one of the best cleaning solutions I`ve found. Smells great too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the woolite mixture, however I diluted to 1:10 and it still seems a little bit too "soapy" for me. It works great on cleaning plastic panels + quick wipe down of leather, but I think I like the meg`s interior detailer a little better. I`m yet to tackle any really dirty surfaces, but for regular cleaning I think the ease of Meg`s interior and added protection make it a slight favorite for me...anyone figure out a good dilution to get rid of the "soapy" effect?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the woolite mixture, however I diluted to 1:10 and it still seems a little bit too "soapy" for me. It works great on cleaning plastic panels + quick wipe down of leather, but I think I like the meg`s interior detailer a little better. I`m yet to tackle any really dirty surfaces, but for regular cleaning I think the ease of Meg`s interior and added protection make it a slight favorite for me...anyone figure out a good dilution to get rid of the "soapy" effect?

Post Thanks / Like
    When you guys are using the Woolite mix do you find that you have to wipe the surface down with a damp MF after applying it to remove any soap residue???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    When you guys are using the Woolite mix do you find that you have to wipe the surface down with a damp MF after applying it to remove any soap residue???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Woolite (6:1) in a spray bottle - spray onto MF then wipe. I find this helps cut down any residue, however I always dress surfaces after using Megs Natural Shine which may remove any residue. I do find I need to wipe over steering wheels with a damp MF after using Woolite to clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Woolite (6:1) in a spray bottle - spray onto MF then wipe. I find this helps cut down any residue, however I always dress surfaces after using Megs Natural Shine which may remove any residue. I do find I need to wipe over steering wheels with a damp MF after using Woolite to clean.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat,

I have found that I need to sometimes follow with just a damp cloth. It really depends on the car though. In mine, I never have had to, on my mom`s van though, it to be wiped down horribly. I think it has a lot to do with the plastic type and your dilution (no 2 will ever be the same, at least not in the quantities we use it in).

My only complaint with the woolite mix is that it suds a lot in carpet. Someone suggested mixing in some vinegar to cut down on the suds, and I think I`ll try that next time, as well as maybe making it only 1:10 instead of my usual 1:6. I`ll just have to try and see what happens.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat,

I have found that I need to sometimes follow with just a damp cloth. It really depends on the car though. In mine, I never have had to, on my mom`s van though, it to be wiped down horribly. I think it has a lot to do with the plastic type and your dilution (no 2 will ever be the same, at least not in the quantities we use it in).

My only complaint with the woolite mix is that it suds a lot in carpet. Someone suggested mixing in some vinegar to cut down on the suds, and I think I`ll try that next time, as well as maybe making it only 1:10 instead of my usual 1:6. I`ll just have to try and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    I run woolite in a 1:5 ratio...have had good luck. I can`t say it`s let me down but I have gone over some lingering stains with FOLEX and found the folex removed all traces...I was surprised! and pleased.
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information