Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone have any knowledge/experience in using this product? I just purchased two bottles and I am rather disappointed in its use! The spray bottle needs to spray more of a mist as it goes on rather splotchy since it sprays in "globs" rather than an even coating. I am just wondering if I am using it incorrectlty, I tried wiping it on like you would a dressing but it does not wipe on. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Major

Post Thanks / Like
    If this is anything like the old Meguiars Engine Kote, I would suggest applying it by sponge or applicator only. You may find not only will it spray as you describe, it could clog the sprayer tube,resembling Elmer`s glue. Nevertheless, if you keep it well shaked and apply it with the sponge or applicator, it should do well. I have EK and apply one coat, let it dry, then another to get the gloss of a fresh,brand new plastic panel ( wheel wells and uncarriage splash guards)
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t wait to try this stuff... :spot
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried this product over the weekend. The smell reminds me of industrial grade tile sealant, which makes sense I suppose.

I also had problems with this product applying splotchly when following the directions. I believe an aresol form might apply better.

The directions stated to apply two light coats with 20 minutes drying time in between coats.

As per the directions, I applied a light coat which ended up beading over my engine and not providing uniform coverage. I gave it two more coats which eventually provided good coverage, but the result looks scaly, like a snake`s skin. It looks fantasic on the metal parts, but not so good on the black plastic parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried a small sponge to see if it would lay/spread better, no luck! I ended up washing my engine and believe me this stuff is durable. After I washed the engine I used vynelex to remove it, it seems to break the bond and then I went back over it with QD. I will save this stuff for my wheel wells, it really bonds and should last a long time. I am very particular with my engine bay and the Sonus Trim & Motor Kote just did not do it for me, the look was too checkered and splotchy!

Major

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I reserve this sort of dressing for wells and uncarriage splash shields only. In my case, 303 seems quite durable in a very hot, turbo charged engine compartment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried putting some in a Meguiars consumer QD bottle? I have done this with Meguiars Engine Kote with good results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I`m surpised that worked without gunking up. At times, even with my heavy duty sprayer, it still gunked up a little. It looked like Elmer`s Glue. Since, I either place the sprayer head on the bottle only when I`m going to use it or dispense it with a flip top cap like a LSP or polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t keep it in the sprayer for that reason. I only fill the spray bottle when I am ready to use it. When I am done I pour what is left back in the gallon container and clean out the sprayer and spray bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that seems to be working well for me also. I`ll try the consumer Megs QD sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to thinking about this after I used vinylex to help in removing the Sonus Trim & Motor Kote that the area you intend to spray this on should probably be free of any type of vinyl protectant i.e. vinylex. As that maybe the reason it globbed up so much "beaded" up so bad and when it dried left it checkered & splothy!

Major

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm..I never knew of Vinylex`s cleaning abilities as I only used it strictly to dress vinyl and rubber. It sounds like it has the same qualities as Meg`s #40: cleans and conditions. Perhaps an APC will give you the totally clean surface you want for the Motor Kote although I bet the Vinylex alone under the hood may hold up rather well .

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not so sure vinylex is a good cleaner but what I did notice was it broke the bonding ability of Sonus Trim & Motor Kote so it just wiped right off. Soap & water did not hardly phase this stuff!

Major

Thread Information