Thread: AIO / Z Fusion

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both under Z products. I havn`t left the surface alone long enough to determine durability of either. Now that Fusion is out and being used, Is AIO a poor bonding product? I like the fusion but I dont think I`ll need to use it every time I Re-Detail. I like that AIO as a cleaner surface preparer. The fusion to me is more agressive and I just dont think it is called for in every situation. Is AIO before Z now being thrown under the bus! :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll probably continue to use AIO under every product I use, including Zaino. I do a good Z6 wipedown after AIO.

AIO is just such and easy product to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO

AIO is just such and easy product to use.

I agree, I think its also one of the quickest products to use! :2thumbs:

So, I assume that AIO under Z is still going to used quite often by Z users?

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO has it`s place always, but Zaino PC is a much better cleaner and leaves the surface in better condition to accept any sealant. I use AIO in places where one step is sufficient, and maybe before using a nuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO will always be my door jams, engine firewall and inner fender, light buckets (headlights and tail lights) and wheel wells, go to product.

Quick, easy, excellent post-cleansing gloss and some protection in one step.

My finish will be cleanses/mildly polished with Z-PC Fusion. Because when I want to start from scratch with Zaino, I want, what I consider, the best foundation possible for the Z protectants.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also expressed a similar concern, and it seems the best you can do if you want to ensure maximum durability is either strip whatever AIO leaves behind using your favorite method, or try using ZPC with a finishing pad to reduce its bite as much as possible.

In general, is using a finishing polish with a finishing pad advisable? Often times you do not need a swirl remover.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin,

That is just how I use products like Z-PC, AIO and FP on many occasions. Finishing pad to minimize pad contribution. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Z-PC mild enough to use each time I completely redetail with Z-2, which is twice a year? Is there a secret to using AIO with a PC? It flashes so quick for me I use it by hand and work a very small area(1x2) before moving on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ram,

With AIO, I use slightly more product than I would with something like Sonus SFX3 or a Menzerna product, and I also put the speed down. Unless I use a lot of product on the pad, it would dry up quickly on 4.5 or above. I use speed 4 with my 4" pads. You can also try priming the pad a bit with some QD.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the bottle of AIO says to use with a damp pad. I would have to get up and look, but i always use it with a damp pad, and it never flash drys on me.

Thread Information