Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently tried out some tropicare products.

Procedure Used:

3M clay

DACP w/ yellow pad, 3m fine cut in some spots

3M PI III MG, white pad

Tropicare TC 3 polish x2 (I used mabey approx 1/2 oz total)

Impressions/ Review:

Tropicare www.tropicarecarproducts.com has a new Sealant TC-3 that is yellow in color. The old TC-2 polish was pink and smelled like cherries. The new polish smells like coconut or pina colada and is yellow in color. I dont know if this will be offered in addition to the pink polish or if it will be replacing it.

Ease of use:

This stuff goes on EXTREMELY nice, and easy. Again comes off just as easily, easier than NXT. It dries/cures extremely fast, almost as soon as it is applied. Therefore it should be applied with a damp applicator. I applied it with a PC and a damp finishing pad and by hand with a damp foam applicator. Both worked fine. Supposedly there is no cure time necessary, I let it sit for 15-20 min before wiping off with a MF. It did not streak when wiping off.

Packaging/Smell

Kind of has a coconut smell and is yellow in color. The scent was noticable but not obnoxious.

Cleaning

Appears to have some chemical cleaners (determined via sharpie test), not abrasive cleaners. It did not appear to remove or hide small swirls .

Slickness:

If felt almost exactly like a fresh coat of SG upon initial application.

Apperance:

I would describe it as a Zaino Shine/Refectivity but extremely WET. Really adds some depth to the paint. It seemed a little deeper than the old version of the polish. It did not hide swirls very much.

Long Term:

I expect about 4+ months of durability.

Trim:

It did not appear to stain plastic trim. but it did leave some white residue in cracks

Wash:

Tropicare also has a wash specifically for their waxes. The wash is red in color and provided good lubrication, suds, cleaned well and smelled good.

Comments:

As above, this goes on and off with no mixing or curing time (unlike zaino). It also give it an extremely wet look. It is very user friendly and looked good to me. It is priced well too. I would recomend it.

see pictures below
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    pictures can be seen here:

Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you`re the pioneer here, keep us updated for durability. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I got some samples of the new formulation polish just before I left for vacation. I will also post my review in the near future. Right now, I just need rest!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Will also give a review of the new polish and wash in the very near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new wash is a more nuetral Ph than the old wash. Still cleans very well tho. I tested 2 prototype car washes for Steve a few months back and the version for sale now (The red) is the version I preferred in my testing as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    the TC3 yellow myself! very very nice - easy on easy off and smooth as butter appearance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a free sample of Tropi-care TC-3 which I decided to use on my wifeâ€â„¢s Trailblazer. It needed a good full detail on the exterior and I was planning on using Zaino when this free sample came my way by Steve Pasztor, who is the man behind Tropi-care. I have only met Steve once during a car club meeting. This review comes completely unsolicited and I have no financial connections to Tropi-care.

I thoroughly washed and clayed the TB first. Tropi-care is billed as a polish. From Steve`s description, I didn`t believe there was really very much polishing action going on as he told me it just has some light cleaners. I decided to go ahead and use a good pre-wax cleaner first, so I used AIO. The TB has just a touch of dulling and very light oxidation, but no major scratches or swirls. The AIO took care of everything. The next day I went to work with the TC-3.

I decided to try applying the product exactly as per the directions. I shook the stuff up and put some of the product on a damp microfiber applicator. The first thing I noticed was the liquid polish was very thick. It had the consistency of a thick hand lotion. It was also bright yellow, which was a little weird but didn`t affect the final result. It was actually kind of handy having it yellow because I could easily tell the areas where the product was too thick. It has a nice tropical smell and I can still smell it in my garage after more than a day although the smell is not overpowering. I quickly noticed the stuff doesn`t apply very easily by hand. Because it`s so viscous, you have to use a lot of it to get it to spread. I prefer to apply sealants as thinly as possible. I abandoned the idea of spreading by hand and got my PC out. The stuff spread like a dream with the PC and a grey pad. When I removed it, the thing that really impressed me about this stuff is it`s extremely easy to remove. I tried different combinations of putting it on too thick, leaving it on too long, etc. and with every combination the stuff removed extremely easily. This is definitely a plus for the TB because there are many nooks and crannies around the bumpers and the rear hatch which make removing wax difficult. I had asked Steve if the stuff stained plastic, and he didnâ€â„¢t really give me a definitive answer. After trying it I can definitely attest to it NOT staining plastic trim.

I only put one coat on because there wasn`t enough in the sample to do two coats (there would probably be enough to do a small car with two coats). The only question is how long the stuff will last. I would expect it to last very long since it uses a synthetic polymer wax, but time will tell on this one. It has a nice wet look to it and a slick feel. Iâ€â„¢m going to have to pick up a bottle and slap another coat or two on. The pictures donâ€â„¢t really do it justice because it was very overcast yesterday when I took them. Also keep in mind that this is only 1 coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your opinions pondscum, and reminding me to give a update

the jeep lives outside, and 4 months and two wheelin trips later it still looks great. it still beads well and still has some slickness to it. i might have gone over the hood one time with the TC 3 since 8-18-04 but i forget.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad to hear the stuff lasts. I use mainly S100 on my vehicle because I don`t mind reapplying it often, but I wanted something that would last on the wife`s ride. If I only have to reapply it 2-3 times per year, I`ll be very happy. As an added bonus, the stuff looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very well written and reviewed LJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since many of you compared it to Z, it finished with lowest score this test. Two weeks and water already gathering, I see you guys got different results.

http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/det...5256389-1.html
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Burlyq

Since many of you compared it to Z, it finished with lowest score this test. Two weeks and water already gathering, I see you guys got different results.

http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/det...5256389-1.html

They tested the older TC-3.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to test products out for myself and make my own decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pondscum

They tested the older TC-3.
    Good Point I was wondering why the big difference. Maybe, new and improved actually means new and improved sometimes, lol. Maybe if the product is that much better they should have renamed it Tropicare Extreme or something.

Originally posted by John Styrnol

I like to test products out for myself and make my own decision.
    Me too for sure but a lot of comparisions between the two were giving so I thought it was at least relevant. My neighbor loves Tropicare and puts it on his red Civic monthly, it always looks nice. They have a deal on a sample kit for 10 bucks and no shipping, I`m gonna try it.

http://www.tropicarecarproducts.com/...0&cat=4&page=1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information