Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your favortie combo for metallics, especially dark metallics? I really want the metallic to pop......

I currently use the SFX line of polishes, but I remember that someone said they liked 1ZMPP and 4*UPP, and that made the metallic pop.
    Maple Red Metallic 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

17x9.5 and 17x11 TT2`s

Catback, lid, STB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billfold
    .. I remember that someone said they liked 1ZMPP and 4*UPP, and that made the metallic pop.

That would be me. I`ve tried a lot of stuff, but that combo popped the metallic the best. *Far* better than the Klasse twins, for instance. But note that I had things prepped *very* well before I started with the MP. Oh, and it`s the recently-discontinued *PRO* version of MP. The consumer stuff is good but didn`t have the same effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought UPP really brought out the metal flake on my Dark Metallic Gray Silverado. I was using NXT before and thought it muted it.

This is one coat of UPP over AIO:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arc
    I thought UPP really brought out the metal flake on my Dark Metallic Gray Silverado. I was using NXT before and thought it muted it.

This is one coat of UPP over AIO:

That`s impressive...very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that shot is :woohoo:

I managed to get hold of some UPP last week and look forward to trying it out on my brothers car, which is very similar colour to the one above :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M
    Wow, that shot is :woohoo:

I managed to get hold of some UPP last week and look forward to trying it out on my brothers car, which is very similar colour to the one above :xyxthumbs

Thanks. I can`t wait to get a few more coats on there. That was a couple of days ago and I just did the bed (I had removed the Z71 sticker and debadged the tailgate and had to reseal after using adhesive remover). Did the cab last night and now I need to rest. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    That would be me. I`ve tried a lot of stuff, but that combo popped the metallic the best. *Far* better than the Klasse twins, for instance. But note that I had things prepped *very* well before I started with the MP. Oh, and it`s the recently-discontinued *PRO* version of MP. The consumer stuff is good but didn`t have the same effect.

It`s so very tempting, especically with closeout prices to get some and your rave reviews, but unfortunately I just have too much polish left on the shelf. Think I found some for $10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`ve, uhm, taken full advantage of the $10 pricing

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh-oh, I think you cleaned them out.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    cleaned who out? who are some vendors that carry 1ZMPP? awesome picture of the silverado, I might try some UPP though.

17x9.5 and 17x11 TT2`s

Catback, lid, STB

Post Thanks / Like
    Just what is it that the 1Z MP does that produces a different look than, say, FPII? Could those of us who don`t like to buy by the liter for an annual polishing get by with FPII, or are we missing out?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you like the dark look of #26 then I`d suggest trying Tropicare TC3- metallics really pop with it-if you like a brighter look Reflections or UPP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have thought about Tropicare, I am in the DFW area, and could drop by somewhere and get some. I have been leaning towards either some Poorboys products because they can be used in the sun light, or Optimum Polish w/UPP on top and see how that works out.

17x9.5 and 17x11 TT2`s

Catback, lid, STB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesLA
    Just what is it that the 1Z MP does that produces a different look than, say, FPII? Could those of us who don`t like to buy by the liter for an annual polishing get by with FPII, or are we missing out?

Beats me, maybe it`s the wax or whatever MP leaves behind working in conjunction with its abrasives :nixweiss. I don`t even know for *sure* what wax is in Pro MP, though I`ve been told it`s a synthetic. Consumer MP (the only kind they`re making now) has all sorts of waxes in it, so it`s sorta like a *very* mildly abrasive cleaner-wax (and no, that`s not a dirty work in my book), but I don`t think the Pro stuff leaves all that much of anything behind. But I dunno for sure.

I haven`t tried FPII, but I had done the S8 with FPI. Thought it was as good as I could get it, no micromarring, nothing "wrong" at all. But I *definitely* saw an improvement with Pro MP. I`d planned to stop with the FP, but when I saw what the Pro MP did I changed my mind. I did a number of applications, being very gentle, just burnishing the paint. I`d only use it on a finish that`s already basically perfect, there`s hardly any cut at all. It might be interesting to try it with a rotary though...

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to try out UPP ( I have some, just haven`t opened it yet ) 1z GW is nice on metallics as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information