Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol http://www.zymol.com/destiny2.htm] Destiny[/url] Estate Wax is $444.00 for an 8 oz. jar

The #SKSK1 kit sells for $169.00 and contains 5 ounces HD-Cleanseâ„¢, 5 ounces Clearâ„¢, 4 ounces each of Destinyâ„¢, Atlantiqueâ„¢, and Vintageâ„¢, Micro-Wipeâ„¢, detail brush,...

Atlantique sells at $823.00 for an 8 oz jar.

Thats over a $400.00 savings without even considering the Vintage

So basically you are getting the 4 0z. samples of their higher end Atlantiqueâ„¢, and Vintageâ„¢ for free?

Am I reading this wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing I noticed. If Vintage comes in a 22 oz. size doesn`t that make Atlantique much more expensive per oz.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blonzz
    Zymol http://www.zymol.com/destiny2.htm] Destiny[/url] Estate Wax is $444.00 for an 8 oz. jar

The #SKSK1 kit sells for $169.00 and contains 5 ounces HD-Cleanseâ„¢, 5 ounces Clearâ„¢, 4 ounces each of Destinyâ„¢, Atlantiqueâ„¢, and Vintageâ„¢, Micro-Wipeâ„¢, detail brush,...

Atlantique sells at $823.00 for an 8 oz jar.

Thats over a $400.00 savings without even considering the Vintage

So basically you are getting the 4 0z. samples of their higher end Atlantiqueâ„¢, and Vintageâ„¢ for free?

Am I reading this wrong?

The SKSK1 sampler kit contains 2 ounce sample jars of Destiny, Atlantique and Vintage estate waxes. the one you are thinking about is the SKSK2 sampler kit that has 4 ounce jars of the lower end Zymol estate waxes. I think that they were Concours, Carbon and something else. I have used Concours for years and its about my favorite show car wax. I bought the SKSK1 sampler kit recently and I have been using the Destiny wax on my Cobra so far. I have not used the Vintage or Atlantique wax yet on my Cobra. I have been using Zymol estate waxes (mainly Concours) on my show cars since about 1990 and thats all I use. I have been down the road with Zaino and other polishes but still come back to Zymol estate waxes for my show cars.

04MysticCobra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 04MysticCobra
    The SKSK1 sampler kit contains 2 ounce sample jars of Destiny, Atlantique and Vintage estate waxes. the one you are thinking about is the SKSK2 sampler kit that has 4 ounce jars of the lower end Zymol estate waxes. I think that they were Concours, Carbon and something else. I have used Concours for years and its about my favorite show car wax. I bought the SKSK1 sampler kit recently and I have been using the Destiny wax on my Cobra so far. I have not used the Vintage or Atlantique wax yet on my Cobra. I have been using Zymol estate waxes (mainly Concours) on my show cars since about 1990 and thats all I use. I have been down the road with Zaino and other polishes but still come back to Zymol estate waxes for my show cars.

04MysticCobra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

Thanks for the size clarification.

No I was referring to the SKSK1 sampler kit. Zymol lists that it contains 4 oz samples of estate glazes.

The perfect way to sample three of zymöl’s Finest Estate Glazes, SKSK1 kit contains: 5 ounces HD-Cleanseâ„¢, 5 ounces Clearâ„¢, 4 ounces each of Destinyâ„¢, Atlantiqueâ„¢, and Vintageâ„¢, Micro-Wipeâ„¢, detail brush, and booklet on the history of the waxes that were designed for the winners of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Must be a typo on their site.

So if Atlantique sells at $823.00 for an 8 oz jar. $102.87 per oz. You are getting the rest of the kit for free at the $169.00 + shipping price.

While still very expensive I thought it was interesting.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these waxes really that much better than Pinnacle Souveran or Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdetail

I somehow doubt it. You can only do so much to paint.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    Only if your wallet says so.

Post Thanks / Like

First, let`s assume for a minute, that hypothetically, a more expensive product is ALWAYS better than a less expensive product. Let`s just pretend.

It`s like adding coats of Zaino or SG. In this case we are adding more money to how much we want to spend on a wax. You run into diminishing returns. This is true with most consumer products you can buy. Each incremental step up in product may not be accompanied by a proportional increase in price. When you buy a computer, the cost to upgrade from a 2.0Ghz processor to a 2.5Ghz processor may be the same cost to upgrade from a 2.9Ghz to 3.0Ghz processor.

So these super expensive waxes cannot be a proportional amount better than their price would suggest. But someone finds them worth the cost, so it`s a personal thing really. Then remove the assumption made above and you can see how tricky things can be.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the size clarification.

No I was referring to the SKSK1 sampler kit. Zymol lists that it contains 4 oz samples of estate glazes.

The perfect way to sample three of zymöl’s Finest Estate Glazes, SKSK1 kit contains: 5 ounces HD-Cleanseâ„¢, 5 ounces Clearâ„¢, 4 ounces each of Destinyâ„¢, Atlantiqueâ„¢, and Vintageâ„¢, Micro-Wipeâ„¢, detail brush, and booklet on the history of the waxes that were designed for the winners of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Must be a typo on their site.

So if Atlantique sells at $823.00 for an 8 oz jar. $102.87 per oz. You are getting the rest of the kit for free at the $169.00 + shipping price.

While still very expensive I thought it was interesting.

John

Looks like I stand corrected. I checked the site where I got my sampler kit Autosupermart.com

and they say that you get 4 oz samples of each estate wax. so that must be correct on the Zymol website. Thats a good deal considering the price of these 3 waxes by themselves.

Thanks,

Steve C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I stand corrected. I checked the site where I got my sampler kit Autosupermart.com

and they say that you get 4 oz samples of each estate wax. so that must be correct on the Zymol website. Thats a good deal considering the price of these 3 waxes by themselves.

Thanks,

Steve C.

Over a $700 savings. Not bad if you want to test their high end glazes.

John

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    with that $700 dollar savings you could buy some Zaino, Souveran and Wolfgang and still have money left over. :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    with that $700 dollar savings you could buy some Zaino, Souveran and Wolfgang and still have money left over. :woohoo:

I wasn`t stating it was a good deal for everyone. But a way to test out Zymol`s upper end Estate Glazes at a failrly reasonable price considering.

I ordered a kit for my testing collection.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear good things about Victoria waxes, for the show car crowd.

They have a real nice intro package for 99 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn`t stating it was a good deal for everyone. But a way to test out Zymol`s upper end Estate Glazes at a failrly reasonable price considering.

I ordered a kit for my testing collection.

John

John,

Did you get your sample kit yet. Remember to use the HD cleanse before putting on the wax for the best bonding. I have used the Destiny and Vintage waxes so far and the Vintage glaze looks great on my Mystichrome paint. I used Concours wax for many years when I was doing the car show circuit and I am happy being back using the Zymol glazes. The sampler kit is a great deal considering that you are getting 4 oz. of Vintage alone. Like I have said in the past these waxes are best for show vehicles that dont get the everday wear of harsh climates and conditions. I would not use them on my commuter vehicles for detail work.

Later,

Steve C.

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

Did you get your sample kit yet. Remember to use the HD cleanse before putting on the wax for the best bonding. I have used the Destiny and Vintage waxes so far and the Vintage glaze looks great on my Mystichrome paint. I used Concours wax for many years when I was doing the car show circuit and I am happy being back using the Zymol glazes. The sampler kit is a great deal considering that you are getting 4 oz. of Vintage alone. Like I have said in the past these waxes are best for show vehicles that dont get the everday wear of harsh climates and conditions. I would not use them on my commuter vehicles for detail work.

Later,

Steve C.

Steve,

Yes my sample SKSK1 kit arrived. I just haven`t gotten around to testing. It has been a bit hot lately. It was 117º a few days back.

One thing I noticed is that Concours, Destiny and Atlantique Glaze have a very noticable fragrance. Vintage is extremely mild.

It was very hot when the sampler arrived. Both Destiny and Vintage were in perfect form in their jars. Atlanique had melted some along the way and was slightly coarse and somewhat chunky looking on the surface.

I noticed if purchased separatley that Vintage is sold in a 22 oz jar which makes it $66.68 per oz with unlimited refills. Atlantique is sold in an 8oz jar at $102.87 an oz with no refills.

I plan on testing them out on a few vehicles that I just drive ocassionally.

John

70 Oldsmobile 442 Holiday Coupe

70 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible

66 Prostreet Nova

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information