Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The pictures aside, souveran is my FAVORITE carnuba but when I did a side by side comparison with Z2Pro topped with Z8 compared to souveran I could see NO difference. With everything else being equal, ease of application etc etc and Zaino`s durability it is a no brainer in my mind. Why would anybody use anything else other than Zaino. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Good prep work will give you great gloss and add just about any wax and the gloss really stands out. The difference is going to be depth of shine, color enhacement (which makes it look blacker), filling capabilities for the swirls that you missed polishing and durability. All that is best seen in person, can`t tell from the pics. The GN looks fantastic though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca

Ask anyone who`s tried to compare the sound of a tube amp to that of a solid state amp in an A/B comparison; it`s hard to do. But if you sit and listen to the music instead of the sound, and relax and stop trying, it`s easy.

And before anyone asks, I love BOTH products. Each has its place.

Tom

Hahaha, glad to see another audiophile on the board. I just sold my solid state for a tube amp, and I love the difference. :usa
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn`t tell from the pictures, especially because of the lighting and the fact that I haven`t used Souveran before.

To me there are subtle differences between Z2P and FMJ, so I`m surprised you can`t tell much of a difference between Souveran and Z2P. Perhaps your prep is so good that it doesn`t matter which LSP you use.

Maybe if I had to do a blind test I wouldn`t be able to tell between Z2P and FMJ either.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdetail
    The pictures aside, souveran is my FAVORITE carnuba but when I did a side by side comparison with Z2Pro topped with Z8 compared to souveran I could see NO difference. With everything else being equal, ease of application etc etc and Zaino`s durability it is a no brainer in my mind. Why would anybody use anything else other than Zaino. :up

Subjectivity. That`s what makes Autopia so great. If everyone used the same product, we`d never have people trying other things and giving us their reviews.

Also, different paints/colors look differently with different combos. Everyone needs to find the products that make THEM happy. :wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like

Before this degrades to a Zaino verses the world type post. Let`s just say that some people prefer carnuaba type products and receive excellent results. No other reason beyond "personal" satisfaction is really needed IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Before this degrades to a Zaino verses the world type post. Let`s just say that some people prefer carnuaba type products and receive excellent results. No other reason beyond "personal" satisfaction is really needed IMHO.
    Then I would have to say if you are one of those people you say prefer a carnuba type product then Pinnacle Souveran should be your choice. Similiar to Zaino Pinnacle is an excellent product and I would not be ashamed to say I used it, especially on black.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then I would have to say if you are one of those people you say prefer a carnuba type product then Pinnacle Souveran should be your choice. Similiar to Zaino Pinnacle is an excellent product and I would not be ashamed to say I used it, especially on black.

Zaino all the way Baby!

On black, silver, white and red in my garages.

I just reserve everyone`s right to use what they like without needing to justify their decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh man, I guess I was too late. So it was a trick question...

Post Thanks / Like
    Through product testing Zaino works best for ME!! I must also say because Zaino fans are sooo passionate about the product it has enabled me to learn that much more about its usage and applications.

Learning more every day!! Thats what makes this great hobby so much fun!!

In these pics, Soveran looks just as good as Zaino. This thread was certainly not meant to be about all the greats of Zaino or bashing Soveran. Through my testing which I shared here I found both products to be completely equal in looks!! I just happen to perfer one of them.

Prep properly and then Pick your poison!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s just say that some people prefer carnuaba type products and receive excellent results. No other reason beyond "personal" satisfaction is really needed IMHO.

Good point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget one of the MAJOR benefits of Zaino: a simple, easily explained system that produces consistent, repeatable results. For all the throwing around of the Z-this and Z-that which a non-user sees here, the instructions that come with the stuff are really linear. 1-2-3-4-SHINE!

IMO that is a big part of why it gets such a devoted following. "Do this and it will work every time." Well once you tried it and it worked, what else is there?

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca
    "Do this and it will work every time." Well once you tried it and it worked, what else is there?

Tom

There are products I like just as much, but for different reasons. But one of my vehicles always has Zaino on it.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Zaino all the way Baby!

On black, silver, white and red in my garages.

I just reserve everyone`s right to use what they like without needing to justify their decision.
    I agree, I was just pointing out how you could put a different spin on it. I keep trying to find someting better and keep finding myself back with Zaino. I am just happy that Fusion ZPC has been released so now I can end my search for the perfect Scratch & Swirl Remover. :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I was just pointing out how you could put a different spin on it. I keep trying to find someting better and keep finding myself back with Zaino.:buffing:

Agreed 100% with the sentiment, but with different conclusions; I kept trying other products (including Zaino), and keep coming back to Meguiar`s!

It just goes to show how different we all are. Trust me, polish the heck out of your car and I`ll give you big :up every time!

Tom

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information