Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used it. I bought one thinking it might work nice as its advertised as an intermediate between their white and orange pad. What I found is that the pores of the pad is larger than either of the other pads. Also it left my finish less than perfect as it seems to leave more marring than the orange pad with #80. The pad is not as stiff as the orange, but I guess its the pores that causing the problems.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskie
    Has anyone used it. I bought one thinking it might work nice as its advertised as an intermediate between their white and orange pad. What I found is that the pores of the pad is larger than either of the other pads. Also it left my finish less than perfect as it seems to leave more marring than the orange pad with #80. The pad is not as stiff as the orange, but I guess its the pores that causing the problems.

Hmmm? I was suspicious of it when I first got it as it looked like it could be pretty agressive so I never used it at first. I just purchased a cheapie Mustang for my daughter that needed some TLC and thought I would pull it out and use it with my rotary. I used Speed Glaze and the finish came out amazing for the condition the car was in. Very little buffer marks and marring with the rotary and I was able to follow up with the PC and VM. Topped of with PB EX. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I had problems with it as well. It cuts up nice but will not finish perfect. I find my self sticking to the big 3 (cutting, polishing, finishing) and nothing in between.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mistakenly bought three of them. I do not like them at all. I ues them now for AIOing windows and PlastiXing with the PC. Live and learn, its not too bad with AIO on the paint its just that the white pad works better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 94BlkStang
    Hmmm? I was suspicious of it when I first got it as it looked like it could be pretty agressive so I never used it at first. I just purchased a cheapie Mustang for my daughter that needed some TLC and thought I would pull it out and use it with my rotary. I used Speed Glaze and the finish came out amazing for the condition the car was in. Very little buffer marks and marring with the rotary and I was able to follow up with the PC and VM. Topped of with PB EX. :grinno:
    I guess this pad will be used as a rotary only pad for me as it seems to work for you. I guess I`m sticking with the 3 basics orange, white, black.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskie

I`ve noticed more marring with the green vs. the orange too. -I thought it was just me.

I`d like to hear from someone that has had better results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    I`ve noticed more marring with the green vs. the orange too. -I thought it was just me.

I`d like to hear from someone that has had better results.

I did, and posted above, but I used it with a rotary instead of the PC. Maybe that`s why my experience was better than some of the others. :nixweiss

Thread Information