Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I`ve been reading articles on autopia for a month or two now, and I really enjoy the fact that there are others as obsessed with detailing as I am! That being said, I have a 98 Mustang GT, a darker metallic blue. I have been a faithful zaino user on it, from zaino`s early days to now. I like the results but I`m wondering if maybe a sealant isn`t the best route for a garage queen. I talked to a few guys who are fans of the following if durability isn`t a factor (which it isn`t):

3M Imperial Hand glaze, P21s polish, p21s carnauba wax. They claim he has won multiple concours events with this combo.

After reading autopia I found a lot of zaino users, who recommend their new swirl remover (I do have minor swirls it was a used car), klasse AIO and then the usual Zaino process... I`m sure there will be mixed feelings, but durability and cost not a factor, just pure shine and depth, what process would you go with for a wet and deep look? I appreciate any help, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    98Gt- Welcome to Autopia!

FWIW, I use Souveran on my garage queen.

Let`s see, minor swirls, wants "deep and wet", dark color...

I`d go with Meg`s #80, then one of their pure polishes (in order of my preference: #5, #3, #81, and finally #7), then Souveran. But *everybody* will have their own favorites...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GT

I`m sure there will be mixed feelings, but durability and cost not a factor, just pure shine and depth, what process would you go with for a wet and deep look?

Cost and durability isn`t a factor and you have a garage queen? Most definitely what Accumulator suggested: Polish/glaze and Souveran.
    I`m sick and getting sicker. But my cars are slick and getting slicker!

Post Thanks / Like
    you`ll no doubt get lots of combo`s for the "Queen", and I`ll chime in with my show winning combo for my Mustang Mach 1 (recently awarded 1st place in an MCA national event): Wolfgang sealant topped with Souveran. The combo lasts between shows with a simple dusting (Calif. duster) and a quick once-over with Adams Detail Spray

Totoland Mach
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My Queen has EX-P with Nattys on it. I must admit though that I have been tempted to just use the wax and forget the sealant.

Durability on the Queen is not an issue.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use AIO and souveran. No comparison with any other combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Garage Queen? Use whatever looks best to you.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Garage queen as Scot say what looks best to you matters, but given that its a dark color and cost is not that improtant then go the full Pinacle route. Swril remover, Prewax Polish, Souveran. Go cheek Autogeek for the a Souvern handbook.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    My garage queen is back to Zaino.

I used soveran and it migt have been a touch deeper but even in the garage it didn`t last for me. I`m one of those guys who can`t keep his hands off. I would Cal. dust and wipe down every so often. I found that Soveran was a very "delicate` surface as Zaino was much more risiliant. It did`nt seem to mark and marr as easily. But thats just my opinion. I also like hide abilities of Z5. Just leaves the surface that much more perfect!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO any car should have some type of sealant on it for protection then if you want top it with Souveran :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s up to you. I use NOTHING but carnauba on my garage king and my daily driver. Wax is a must, cover or not!

Post Thanks / Like
    So lets say I decide to keep using my zaino and save myself a little money.... whats the best way to maximize my results? Say I use the new Fusion to remove minor swirls, klasse AIO, Z5, Z2 new Z8 between coats, and top it all off with souveran (which souveran product)? Any other ideas are most welcome, I think Zaino is a nice product, I just have a hard time ignoring the diehard carnuba guys for the depth shine they seem to love. Rather not waste my time and money trying carnuba if the difference won`t even be noticeable. Thanks for the replies, keep `em coming!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO topping with a carnauba might give a subtle difference-it will most likely soften the reflections a bit and from a distance give the car a bit of a glow-everyone raves about the paste souveran

Post Thanks / Like
    Judges at World of Wheels and Good-Guys have told me that you won’t win with a sealant and to move to the next level you need to use Glazes or Carnauba. I don’t like using glazes at an outdoor show without topping them but an indoor shows they really work nice. World of Wheels is three days and I usually have to touch up the glazes everyday to keep the fresh look a dust several times.

This is what I do.

Glazes – Indoor Shows Only.

Glaze and Souveran - Big Outdoor Shows

AIO and Souveran – Smaller Show and Everyday.

My everyday drivers are sealants for durability.

Here is my hotrod with one coat of AIO/Souveran...

-Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    You only need Z-PC Fusion as your prep if you`re going to stick with Zaino. Skip the AIO altogether.

I`ve never found much benefit(looks-wise) to topping Z with nuba. The new Z2-Pro might have the look you`re going for, if you haven`t tried it already.

After a couple layers of Z, with Z2-Pro on top, AND Z8 as a show QD, I can`t imagine it looking much better!

Good luck at the shows!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information