Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Pep Boys looking for a tire cleaner, and the only two I saw were the No Touch Tire Care (which claims to clean, shine, and protect in one step) and the Eagle1 A2Z All Wheel and Tire Cleaner. I have been hesitant to use wheel cleaners since I can get them clean just with soap and water and don`t want to chance stripping the Klasse SG I have on the wheels. But I`m curious how effective the Eagle1 A2Z is as a tire cleaner.

I`ve been using soap and water on the tires as well, but it turns my washmitt into a black mess. So I`m looking for an easy to use tire cleaner that won`t harm the wheels too badly if I happen to get some on the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it on wheels, tyres, wheel wells, bugs, tar and it seems to work quite well.

I`d say it`s pretty tough on any LSP, though, so I only use it when I`m going to re-seal my wheels.

Otherwise, I`d recommend a stiff brush for your tyres.

Post Thanks / Like
    A2Z is not too bad for tire cleaning, maybe try some Tropi-Care stuff as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of these cleaners are really meant for wheels that have been neglected or on a very long road trip without cleaning. For the most part if you look after your vehicle well you don`t require a special cleaner. Of course using a sealant on the wheels also helps keep them clean.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    A2Z works pretty well, but it`s strong and I wouldn`t use it on a regular basis.

I deep clean my tires with it every 4 washes or so. The rest of the time, I use car wash soap and an OXO tire brush.

You might also try some diluted Simple Green. It would be an in-between step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Most of these cleaners are really meant for wheels that have been neglected or on a very long road trip without cleaning. For the most part if you look after your vehicle well you don`t require a special cleaner. Of course using a sealant on the wheels also helps keep them clean.

Very much so, great advice.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tropicare has a tire cleaner that gets rid of silicone-as for wheel cleaner the Prestone stuff is hard to beat for OTC

Post Thanks / Like
    A2Z is good but not as good as EOs normal tire cleaner. I have used A2Z for cleaning trim as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same as ZaneO every 4 or 5 washes I cover the wheels and tyres in A2Z let it sit for a bit then agiate and rinse off removes alot of grime and cleans the tyres well, but as said it is strong, you could keep using a wash shampoo and water and buy a cheap sponge to clean the tyres and avoid turning the wash mitt black.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love A2Z for cleaning my tires but not my wheels. I rinsed the a2z off the wheels as soon as i`m done with the tires and follow up with QEW or S&W

Post Thanks / Like
    A2Z is a pretty good tire cleaner, but Purple Power works just as good and its under 5 bucks a gallon (I think I paid 8 for 2.5 gallons). Oddly enough, only the alkaline cleaners seem to work well on tires. Even my nastiest acids do a mediocre job on tires. Anyone have a chemical reason why?
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    It does a good job, but I find the dedicated mothers tire and rubber cleaner to work better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is EO A2Z better (stronger/more effective) than Castrol Super Clean *undiluted* on tires???

Post Thanks / Like
    i couldn`t imagine that it is, that castrol is some harsh stuff undilluted

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`y use anything undiluted, if its meant to be diluted...you`re asking for trouble. Just some friendly advice.

A2Z is the strongest wheel cleaner I`ve tried (ph 12) and works brilliantly, but must be used with respect...30 sec dwell time...no more! it will remove all protection so use only when you intent to re-apply Klasse.

Thread Information