Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder if anyone has tried the new platinum series tire shine and wheel cleaner. Are they any good? tell me about your time with them.
    Got Boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone tried the wheel cleaner and said it sucked. I have not tried the tire shine, and very likely I won`t as it is aerosol. Besides, mothers FX and mothers reflections have worked wondefully for me.

Maybe you can try them and report back

Liquid wax: Severely underrated. Killer looks, very very easy application. Durability is OK as long as you don`t wash the vehicle

Instant detailer: Underrated also. OK lubricity, OK cleaning power, very nice smell, incredible looks. I still like the best for OTC, and even more than some boutique stuff (DP ultimate gloss enhancer)

Interior protectant. Underrated. Not greasy, nice protection. Deep rich shie that is not blinding. A little too shiny for darks, but almost perfect for gray / tan interiors. Almost perfect for matte interiors (not dark). As good if not better looking than armor all low shine. Workd great also in exterior trim and wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the wax and protectant, i have both and took my breath away. I had the wax for well over a year now and protectant a few months. Someone said the instant detailer didn`t give a nice look, made the colours look weird very plasticy look to it, can you clarify?The tire shine i wanted to try but the wheel cleaner i have now is great and probably get EO when it`s finished.
    Got Boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Reasonably pleased with the TW ultra wheel cleaner. Wasn`t as instantly effective as the Megs in the clear purple bottle (the name escapes me right now), but after letting it sit for 30 seconds per instructions, I found it really got everything off quite nicely with a bit of agitation by brush. The sprayer is annoying; it could mist much better, rather than squirting, and I`d need less to get complete coverage.

On the other hand, I do think the business on the label about laying down a layer of polymers to repel brake dust is rubbish. Practically speaking, Zaino on my rims makes them perfectly easy to wash with soap and a rag, and I suspect harsh wheel cleaners would strip the Zaino, so that`s what I stick to.

Haven`t tried Mothers Reflections wheel & tire stuff, but based on a great experience with the new Advanced wax I will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool_ZX3
    I love the wax and protectant, i have both and took my breath away. I had the wax for well over a year now and protectant a few months. Someone said the instant detailer didn`t give a nice look, made the colours look weird very plasticy look to it, can you clarify?The tire shine i wanted to try but the wheel cleaner i have now is great and probably get EO when it`s finished.

The closest thing that I recall was a quote by Alfisti (one of the top 5 guns in autopia IMO) where he said he didn`t like the TWPUG instant detailer in dark colors because it gave a silvery too-shiny look. Personally I think the instant detailer looks very deep in darks, but I usually apply it over already deep waxes (turtle`s own PUG or mothers reflections 2005) You can be the tie breaker

I will try the wheel cleaner later for sure. My PERSONAL experience with OTC vs boutique has been kind of the same. Some of the OTC products are underrated and some of the boutique stuff has a hard time making a compelling case versus OTC. Maybe I have just learned the tricks to make a car look nice no matter the product...... :nixweiss

(obviously, given that the product used is at least good)

Alex

PS. Protecting the wheels with something surely helps for easy cleaning. Collinite IW (845) is top for this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alex i posted pics of my car in click and brag, i dunno if it`s dark or a medium color. I would sure like to know what u think, it seems to be on the border of dark and medium. I think i will probably get TW instant detailer down the road i have 2 already :woot2: Showtime and megs quick.
    Got Boost?

Thread Information