Post Thanks / Like
    I used Mother`s paste Carnuba Cleaner Wax and, IMO, it is better than the Mother`s Liquid Carnuba Wax. Notice; the paste wax is cleaner wax and the liquid wax is regular carnuba wax. I`m not saying paste is better than liquid. I mean the cleaner wax is better than the regular wax. Why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Prolly because the cleaner is doing just that, its cleaning and polishing where as the regular wax is just waxing

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, cuz I thought that the actual carnuba wax(not cleaner version) was to be used after the cleaner wax. All I know is that after polishing and using the cleaner wax, my vehicle has not had the shine it did since that day. *sob* *blows nose*

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I`m sticking to Paste wax. I just like working with it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO cleaner waxes do more for polishing than for finishing. Mother`s Pure Carnauba has more finesse in it than its cleaner wax (why, because the pure wax will not have (or isn`t supposed to have) cleaning agents in it, and will have more carnauba content for paint protection. Mother`s CG Pure Wax itself is a low content wax, but lets keep that discussion in another thread).

Nowadays, instead of tossing the cleaner wax, I use it as a go between from the finish polish, then the cleaner wax, then the pure wax (on my daily driver).

As an lsp, however, the cleaner wax doesn`t do enough to fully protect and promote the paint. If you were to compare it between some other pure wax lsp`s, the difference would be astonishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your paint probably had a bit of oxidation that the cleaner wax cleaned off. That`s why it looks better.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say Mother`s Cleaner wax is one of the best cleaner waxes I`ve used. It just really gives great results. I`ve applied it before to vehicles where the owner didn`t want to pay for a polish and it really makes a HUGE difference and it`s easy to buff out. Some cleaner waxes I`ve tried don`t really clean at all and then are a pain to buff off the surface.

Cleaner waxes won`t have the durability that a non cleaner wax will have though. That`s the only thing. You also cannot build up layers with a cleaner wax at all if you`re into doing layers.

You should try to find a polish you like and a pure wax you like. They make some excellent paste waxes out there that I"m sure you`ll love working with. S100 and P21S come to mind right away. I love waxing a vehicle with them.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    deezr- Yeah, unless I`m missing something, the cleaner wax simply cleaned something undesirable off the paint, hence its looking (and probably *feeling* better). Now if you precede the cleaner wax with clay, it`ll turn out even better

The regimen of cleaner wax topped with a "straight" wax is as old as cleaner waxes themselves. Back in the day, everybody I knew who wasn`t going the #7/#16 route used Pro`s "blue" cleaner wax topped with Pro`s "yellow" straight wax. Last I checked, Pro still made the straight wax but not the cleaner wax

Thread Information