Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`ve been asking the same question over and over again. I am still looking for that one last item to use before applying Mothers Reflection wax.

I`ve been recommanded to use #80 at first because of the minor scratches and swirl marks on my 1 year old car. Then I was told it`s too hard to do that by hand, use AIO. Then I found out AIO would leave a acrylic layer so I was told to use IZPP instead. Recently I read that #80 is actually not bad without using a PC. There of course you ppl have to also bring in the 3M SMR but write in small print that it might leave a haze on certain paint and dark colour. So I am back to square one again because I have a blue car.

What have you ppl done to me?? :nervous: :hairpull

Now I think I should give up and find a filler instead. How about #16 or #7??? What`s the difference? Can I still apply Reflection after the filler?

Search don`t work with search terms like #80, #16 and etc. Google`s links are not working either because of the recent changes done to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can search for it like this *#16*

but #16 is a wax

#81 is a hand polish which will cover swirls and leave a deep wet look

the same as #7 but 81 is easier to use

#80 then #81 then your reflections wax
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, #7 (and #5, #3, #81 too) are glazes. You top those with a wax like #16 to "lock them in" and make them last.

zimmerDN- IMO you`re probably worrying too much/overthinking this.

#80 just isn`t that bad by hand. Really. Same with 1Z PP. The "problem" with AIO isn`t the acrylic it leaves, but rather the fact that it doesn`t hide marring and often makes it look worse.

For the glazes, I find #5 the eaiest to use, with #3 and #81 second and #7 a distant third.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I take it that 1Z PP has no filler effect. I think I`ll get #80 with #81 (or #7, don`t really know the difference). I`ll do my best with #80 by hand and let the glaze to fill in the rest for me. Finally I will put Reflection to seal it. Damn that`s a lot of work all done by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, which store sells the #80, #81, #7 and etc. I don`t think Pep boys has them. So which online store sell these (I want to order from only ONE store)?

Post Thanks / Like
    look in the phone book for a paint suply store or dealer locator

then click profesional products
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerDN
    So I take it that 1Z PP has no filler effect. I think I`ll get #80 with #81 (or #7, don`t really know the difference). I`ll do my best with #80 by hand and let the glaze to fill in the rest for me. Finally I will put Reflection to seal it. Damn that`s a lot of work all done by hand.

The PP has some filling/hiding abilities, but not as much as the Meg`s stuff.

Yeah, that *is* a lot of work to do by hand. To make it easier, use #81 (or #5 or #3) instead of the #7. They`re all similar, but #5 is the easiest and #7 is the hardest, effort-wise. But #5 is the least impressive looking (still my fave though) and #7 is the most impressive looking (still my least fave though).

The #80 will be the work. Get #5/#3/#81 and that step will be quick and easy. The waxing should be easy too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know any online stores that sells all these meg products?? #80, #81?

I am from ontario so any places you know located within Canada is certainly welcomed as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used #7 yesterday and did not care for it. If anyone wants the bottle its yours $5 shipped plus a free sample of something you will like

Thread Information