Post Thanks / Like
    On a scale of 1-10, how does everyone rate the z2 pro and z8 slickness?

I would imagine UPP right after application to be the 10.

I might be having humidity issues, because it doesnt matter how often i z8, it is not slick much at all. It is very smooth, not slick though. My MF is grabby, and often twists up under itself.

On a scale 1-10 i would put a fresh application of z8 at 6 or 7.

It does look good though, and beads water like #16 :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry to hear that you`re having slickness issues. Based on my experiences with Z5/Z2 Pro,Z6,Z8 I rate Zaino a 9+ for slickness. But then again, slickness isn`t really an important factor for me. I really don`t want anyone touching my paint & marring it. I choose to use Zaino for the look, protection, durability & longevity. How was your prep process prior to applying the Z?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, i am very happy with the results. I want to get to the bottom of the slickness, not for any other reason than i know it should be slicker, and i want to improve my techniques.

I prepped with 3m PI 3000 SMR

3 drops of zfx in about 1 oz or less of z2pro

misted the little cotton applicator i got with z6

put a dime size amount on pad, and wiped it on as thin as i could

re applyed z6 when applicator dried out alittle

I wasnt too impressed with the cotton applicator, next time i will use a foam one.

I did 3x coats with z6 inbetween. Applied to an f-150 extra cab, when i was done i buffed off each time. No waiting.

Next day i spray and wiped, then applied z8

Today i washed with, i dunno- the zaino soap, and z8 again.

All i can think of is its really humid here.

But yes, it looks very good

Post Thanks / Like
    For whatever reason, the slickness of my application of Zaino on my fiberglass car was not as good as on my Merc. On the Merc I`d rate it 8-9, and on the fiberglass car 7-8. I`m going to strip everything off and give it another try to make sure it wasn`t a fluke.

Z2-Pro and ESPECIALLY Z8 need time to cure. Z8 really hardens up after a few days. Slickness seems to improve, as does shine. Give it a week after you are done layering, without touching the paint, and then see if it improves.

Currently, I find FMJ to be the slickest product I`ve tried, with consistent slickness on all of my cars. UPP is just a notch below that. Somewhere around 9, with a bit more slickness than Zaino.

With Z2-Pro, Z8, and Z6 between washes, there`s little to complain about in the slickness area, even if it`s not quite as good as FMJ. It will last much longer than the slickness of FMJ or UPP as well.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that after a couple days when everything has had a chance to cure, the gloss comes up a notch and slickness elevates also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that Z2 Pro/Z8 is amazingly slick on my car. It has to be around a "9.5" for slickness. Beads up nicely too and the bugs wash right off.
    I`m sick and getting sicker. But my cars are slick and getting slicker!

Post Thanks / Like
    I give Z2 Pro a 7-8 by itself...with Z8 on top, I give it an 8-9.

Post Thanks / Like
    Without oil/silicone as a lube a surface slickness is directly related to the "nude" surface quality. If the unprotected surface is slick the addition of a completely oil-free LSP and subsequent booster (Z6 or Z8) should only add to this prepped surface but not to a level of a oil/silicone lubed surface.

A more accurate comparison of a oil/silicone containing LSP with an oil/silicone-free product slickness should be done after a few days (oil/silicone allowed to dissipate and both sealants are completely cured) and after that first wash.

This will indicate what the "true" unlubed surface really feels like.

All poly MF`s are not created equal. I have some grabbie ones and some that act like a super hi-quality natural fiber MF like DF Towel (non-grabbie) that will literally fly out your hand when applying Z8 if one is not careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    DF Towel (non-grabbie) that will literally fly out your hand when applying Z8 if one is not careful.
    Thats a great result of Zaino: stuff flying everywhere, out of your hand, off the surface!!

:woot:

Thread Information