Post Thanks / Like
    I tried using the search for the above topic but keep getting hit by a message that Mr. is too short a word to search. That being said, I would like to know if anybody is using this product. The first step, using the included soap, has me somewhat concerned since it states on the package that the soap contains a polymer. I don`t feel good about applying an unknown polymer over another polymer or wax that I may have already applied. The second step, the distilled (or deionized) rinse interests me. I live in an area with hard water. Any thoughts about just using the rinse portion of the Auto Dry?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try searching using the terms "auto dry"

Post Thanks / Like
    It does reduce the total dissolved solids (TDS) as I`ve measured it with my TDS meter but only by about by 30-40% but it seems to work. In an area with really hard water, mine is 415ppm, the filter doesn`t really last the full 10 washes, maybe 5. I`ve used the system a few times and it sort of works as advertised with a few caveats like filter life is not that good in my area and it really doesn`t save you time. Normally I wash the car with car wash soap with a mitt, rinse and hand dry, about 15 minutes. With Autodry, I wash with mitt, rinse with regular water, re-rinse with ionized water (very weak output, takes a long time) and then I still have to hand dry somewhat as it still spots a little and it`s good enough for most people but on darker cars you will notice water spots in the shape of streaks so I still hand dry when it`s almost dry to remove this streaks. The extra rinse step and final hand dry takes as long as hand drying so I don`t really save any time and it does cost a good amount of money to keep buying filters, specially if you don`t get the full 10 washes out of the filter.

Some people have put different soap in there but you would have to experiment with the dilution levels.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used to use mr. clean auto dry. it does what it says and i liked it, but the problem was that i have weel water so the filter lasted maybe 2 washes which gets to be expensive. a cheaper and in my opinion much, much, better system to use is QEW (quick and easy wash). i used it for the first time last week and love it had my lifted dodge ram washed and dried in 45 minutes a task which use to be quite a process.

Thread Information