Post Thanks / Like
    Been wanting to try TS for a while and now true blue blood and Sean have pretty much convinced me to try it.

Any recommenations on what to put underneath TS? I`ll be doing this on my own driver since I`m just experimenting (silver metallic `04 TL.)

I`ve got VM and AIO as my typical bases, EX-P (old formula) UPP, and some FMJ for sealants. My first instinct is to just go with AIO. I`m open to new products as well since I have to place an order for TS anyway.

Thanks for any recommendations!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a sealant under TS any one of those would be great. AIO Topped off with TS is fine to. If your the type that doesn`t let your LSP stay long than just use the AIO . Now if your looking for a few months of protection use a sealant under TS . Its your call , have fun .

:buffing: Happy Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO/UPP/TS would be my choice for silver .

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paint.... Seriously, TS can be a stand-alone if that is what you want.... I always prefer a sealant (your preference) as a guarantee that even if the wax has short range durability, the paint is still protected. I used to recomend Zaino, but now, I feel that it is a waste of the Zaino to cover it up....:xyxthumbs
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by maecrispy

Been wanting to try TS for a while and now true blue blood and Sean have pretty much convinced me to try it.

Any recommenations on what to put underneath TS? I`ll be doing this on my own driver since I`m just experimenting (silver metallic `04 TL.)

I`ve got VM and AIO as my typical bases, EX-P (old formula) UPP, and some FMJ for sealants. My first instinct is to just go with AIO. I`m open to new products as well since I have to place an order for TS anyway.

Thanks for any recommendations!

I have VM and EX-P as my base when I topped with Trade Secret. With AIO, EX-P and FMJ and UPP I think your stocked on sealants:p . I`m actually gonna strip everything off and use some Red Machine Glaze, then some Carnuba Moose Wax followed by TS or vice versa to play around. I`m glad my post got some good views and responses, TS is an awesome nuba` and doesn`t lighten the wallet to much . If it came down to price vs. looks I think I won in the looks dept ! One other thing I like about carnubas on a dark color especially is its filling of fine swirls/scratches. You can make yourself crazy chasin` them, I was detailing the wifeys Murano today and next vehicle I get is gonna be silver, you really gotta work to show marring or anything:woot:.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent. Thanks for the replies guys. AIO/UPP it is then under TS. Guess I`m kinda partial to that since it`s what i`ve got on the car already.

I`m not *terribly* concerned about durability but since I have no experience with TS, I think I`ll keep the sealant underneath until I get a better handle on how long TS will really last (I plan to keep the right side of the hood with TS only.)

true blue blood: i hear ya on silver and how it hides marring. Didn`t even know that when I picked silver for the TL. Just found that out when I joined this forum. That`s why every morning when I get to work, I crouch and look at the horizontal surfaces while the sun is still low to see if have any marring or not. I know nobody can see it (embarasses my wife when I do that when others are around) but I still want to know.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by maecrispy

I know nobody can see it (embarasses my wife when I do that when others are around) but I still want to know.

I understand a 100% my wife thinks I need meds:p , she just doens`t understand but I`m slowly workin` on her,... now I have to go and hide my purchases

Thread Information