Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    DISCLAIMER ********** I received this sample free from Mike Phillips by posting in a thread on MOL. I signed up for the sample under the condition that I would post an honest review of the product on MOL. I should also mention that I learned to detail with Meguiars products and have been forever biased towards them. The darkening effect of their products are what *I* look for when detailing. My eye has been trained to see that darkening as the way properly prepped paint should look. Just trying to be fair.

I have used the #21 on three seperate ocassions now. I have used it by hand and via PC, but not with the rotary...I don`t think I will.

Packaging Well the bottle is a sample bottle, but I have no problems with it. I am sure the real #21 bottles are neatly packaged with clear instructions.

Physical description of the product #21 is a thick purple liquid that doesn`t seem to have any artificial scent added.

Application Via PC #21 is as you would expect very easy to apply. I applied it with a meguiars foam finishing pad at a speed of 3. A few drops on the pad covered my entire hood and front quater panel. It DID NOT stain my trim which is smooth plastic, not textured.

By hand the product applies easily and spreads thinnly. I had no problem getting a thin even layer. The spots that were a little thicker were no problem to remove and did not streak. The temp was in the mid 70`s both times I applied it, the hunidity was normal.

Removal Removing the #21 via a pak shak MF was a breeze, no streaking, no hard rubbing, just clean removal. I waited about 15 minutes before removal. I also saw no dusting and my towel did not load up as quickly as when using other LSP`s.

Summary Having applied #21 to two different vehicles I get the sense that its closest relative within the Meguiars product line is not NXT at all, rather it is the new formula of GC. As I used #21 I was constantly reminded of the new GC, the removal is the same, application seems really close, even the look of the finished product is similar. Compared to NXT the #21 doesn`t seem to darken the paint as much, but does seem to have more crisp, clear reflections. I also feel that there is less set up time needed for the #21 compared to NXT. With NXT I find that if I don`t let it completely set up before removal, I get *some* streaking. With the #21 after about 15 minutes you are ready for streak free removal. I also find that the #21 spreads more easily than NXT and therefore removal is a touch easier and there is less dust. Not that NXT produces a lot of dust......

As far as cleaners go, I find it less than #20 and about the same as NXT. I applied a coat to my whels which are not clear coated, #20 turns the applicator RED, NXT and #21 only show a slight bit of paint transfer. I like that it has cleaners.

Final process

I applied PB`s SSR2 with the PC and a meguiars polishing pad @5.5.

I then applied #81 witht he PC and a meguiars finishing pad @3.

Next I applied one coat of #21 with the PC and a meguiars finishing pad on 3.

Finally I applied one more coat by hand with a foam applicator. I applied the second coat by hand to minimize the cleaning ability of the product and to ensure even coverage.

All products were removed with pak shak MF`s.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this count as full sun?

Reflections

mmmm pearl

Just for fun

Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Any comment on durability?

According to Meg`s NXT is still their longest lasting LSP, which IMO is not a good thing.

How does the 21 react to rain/hose water? (Sheeting or Beading)

--The Pics look Great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by duke727

Any comment on durability?

According to Meg`s NXT is still their longest lasting LSP, which IMO is not a good thing.

How does the 21 react to rain/hose water? (Sheeting or Beading)

--The Pics look Great!

Haven`t had the chance to wash either vehicle yet, but was beading in the rain on week two. I will probably see how long it can go on my SO`s SUV.

From what I understand the NXT is the best *protecting* which does not neccessarily mean the most durable. #21 could be more durable, but protect less. :nixweiss
    Word of Mouth Detailing

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    those pics look real good-looks like it has better gloss than 26

Post Thanks / Like
    looks really really good. when is this slated for release?

ot- but is that a mugen twin loop on there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hadboosttroy

looks really really good. when is this slated for release?

ot- but is that a mugen twin loop on there?

It is currently for sale on meguiars site.

Definitely a twinloop, the only way to go for me. You should hear it at 8100 rpm`s........beautiful. No high pitched raspy garbage, just a few notes over stock.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    That paint is popping!

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy 56k death, Batman!

First few pics look really nice. I haven`t tried #21 yet but I plan on picking some up next time I am at my Meguiars distributor.

How is the slickness?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

I got to feel some freshly applied #21 at the Meguiar`s class on saturday. Its not as slick as say, UPP, but I felt it was as slick as NXT.

EB...Awesome pics man! I love the how the pearl finish looks!

Post Thanks / Like
    you have one of the cleanest vics i`ve ever seen, nice job. :up

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found that after a day both the look and the slickness improve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ebpcivicsi, you said about 15 mins removal for #21, how long were you leaving NXT on before removal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

Haven`t had the chance to wash either vehicle yet, but was beading in the rain on week two. I will probably see how long it can go on my SO`s SUV.

From what I understand the NXT is the best *protecting* which does not neccessarily mean the most durable. #21 could be more durable, but protect less. :nixweiss

That came out looking really nice. What other LSP`s have you used and how does the shine compare to them?

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I`ve seen so far, it`s not really all that similar to NXT, except for the cleaners. I`ve never used GC so I can`t personally compare it to that.

I should be getting #21 this weekend, but I just got WG ... which one to try???

Btw, awesome pics. That full on sun shot is beautiful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information