Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I decided to give my interior a full detail and I decided to try something new. Normally I used woolite and a brush to clean vinyl followed up by 303 and it did pretty good, but today I tried something new. Started off with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and this thing does incredible, I went through two doing all the plastic and vinyl on the inside. It got stuff out that I hadnt been able to get before with my normal routine. It got stuff marks and sharpie out of some spots. I also used it on the leather steering wheel and it did awesome. I followed up with Meg. Quick Interior Detailer and a MF and this stuff leaves a great finish. Not shiny or oily, looks 100% natural which is what I want on my interior plastics. I think I found my new interior cleaner supplies. Im making a run to Sams tomorrow to buy a bulk supply of MCME. I highly recommended this to anyone. Pics coming tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s great. I still haven`t use a Magic Eraser yet, but I`ve heard lots of good things. I`ll have to pick one up.

Can you use it on all the plastics and vinyl?

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problems I ever had with was trying to removing wax from my exterior trim. I tried using to much pressure to get it off instead of letting the eraser do the work. It left white residue on the plastic but going back over it letting the eraser do the work it came right off. I used it on smooth and textured and havent found a problem with it yet. Just make sure to keep a spray bottle of water around. You dont want to use it dry or you`ll get marks like I did or it soaking wet or itll run. Just damp enough to let it do its work. You will be impressed with it, especially in kick panel areas where there are lots of scuff marks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t attacked a car with one yet, but I bought a couple and attacked my kids room yesterday. This thing is nothing short of magic. With water alone, it took off a couple years of greasy kids fingerprints around the light switch with ease! I can`t wait to use one for detailing the cars. They rinse out well after too. The dollar store has them for $2 for 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love MC eraser. The things is my favorite "go to" for those cruddy door sills...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Clean Eraser is just incredible with the results I obtain. Ground in dirt on grained interior plastic panels just lifts away, restoring the panel to like new condition. I use the spray Woolite mix with my Eraser and its works extremely well. Remember it is abrasive so I only use it to restore then use a spray and wipe ( Woolite Mix ) with a MF to maintain.

I now buy the Eraser in the bulk pac at the wholesale club.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it works very well on hard plastic but not so good on soft interior trim

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the version I have is more abrasive (labeled for Wheels and Tires), but I thought for sure it was just repackaged... Anyway, it was cheaper than the regular ME (on sale), and I`ve found it to be a little too abrasive, but I`ve been pushing pretty hard. I`ll give it another shot and let it work on its own.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used both products and completely agree.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bought these on recommendation and still have a couple of unopened packs on the shelf. After reading the glowing reports here I will break up and use this weekend. BTW, the original recommendation was to remove wax you might get on exterior textured plastic trim.
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m also a big fan of MC erasers! The #1 thing that sticks out in my mind is to just be careful with the amount of pressure you use when using the MC erasers as they can leave staining behind.

"Lost Pup"...that`s a great idea using a woolite spray mix with the MC eraser! Two effective cleaners at once!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    If they leave staining behind, Natural Look will usually take it out. I usually use the Magic Eraser + Woolite to do my interior, then follow up with a rag and Natural Look. This process has probably cut my interior detail time in half over my old method (APC + stiff brush, dry, NL, buff NL dry).
    Once you buff black, you never go back

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another magic eraser user also. This works wonders not only for automobiles, but things around the home.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it today for the first time on a Beige interior, this thing worked wonders. BJ`s has an 8 pack for $7.99 and I could not be any happier with the deal and the results. My customer had told me before the detail not to worry about the black marks on her interior door panals b/c she said she gave it shot with eveything she had and then was amazed when I was done and her car looked like new. Of course I did not mention my little secret.

Post Thanks / Like
    does walmart sell it?

I have to do an interior tomorrow and it sounds like it would really come in handy
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information