Post Thanks / Like
    I got a call today from a new customer who has a black BMW 645. It`s less than a year old. The call was to schedule a wash and wax and begin a weekly wash regimen. I`d like to talk her into a full detail first, then weekly washes with a new coat of wax every 2 to 3 weeks. The customer sounded somewhat knowledgeable about what she wanted and expected out of me, so I need to show up with the best products. I`m going to make an order today for some new stuff, and I`m wondering what to get. Out of the fancier botique brands (Pinnacle, Wolfgang, etc.), which one offers the best for each category of a detail job? For example: wax: Souveran; tire dressing: Wolfgang black diamond. I`m assuming the paint isn`t bad, so my plan is to do a light polish, seal it and do Souveran ( I know that`s the wax I`m going to use). I`d also like to know what the preferred interior products are for this calibur of car.

Thanks in advance

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    A car is a car. Seriously. There really is not that much difference between a $70,000 6-Series and a $30,000 3-Series.

I understand what you`re thinking though; the owner may have higher expectations. Also remember that it`s not always the product but the process. Woolite on the leather followed by whatever leather conditioner you have (or get something like Zaino Z-10, Wolfgang Conditioner, Pinnacle, etc.) will do beautifully. On the dash, a nice low sheen with some 303 Protectant is my favorite...for all cars. Wolfgang Tire Dressing has a very nice appearance and decent durability. Other than that I don`t see why you can`t just use what you have, unless you`re really unhappy with the results.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, there are a bunch of nice stuff to use on that car. PBs, Adams, Tropi-Care, Pinnacle, Klasse, Sonus, ClearKote......

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I was thinking the same thing as you pigeonbus, but I need to restock my supplies anyway and the customer was asking questions like, "What kind of products do you use? Where do you get them?" so by that I think best of everything is the way to go. I`m just starting off too so I need to make a strong first impression with the wealthy neighborhood I`m doing this detail in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would begin by explaining it`s not really what you use, but its what works when you use it. Maybe she knows alot, but then again maybe not. I would use the same products regardless of car as long as the product I use work. I mean, that`s pretty much the bottom line.

You can`t go wrong with Soveran, and if you will be outside in the sun, there`s really only one go-to polish to consider. The tire dressing is really only a minor concern as most people don`t know the difference. I would take the recommendations above concerning leather cleaner (woolite) and leather conditioner Z-10 or 4*, both provide the leather smell your will want her to experience. The z-10 is preferable, but it get expensive if you`re only ordering one product at a` time. That`s my $0.02.

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO on doorjams, wheels (Zaino glass polish if they are in bad shape), windows.

Z2Pro/ZFX, Z6 (optional), Z8, Z9 and Z10 for leather, Z16 tires (optional).

I carry my handy wax guru tests for new high end clients, with the new z8 it is very easy to "wax" every couple weeks. Just wash and if it`s still Zaino beading, just spray with Z8 and the surface will be smooth as butter, it`s also easier to use than water. To be honest I didn`t prefer the old Z2 on Black, but Z2Pro is my all time favorite product on black. It is deep and wet as anything, IMO. People who criticize the look on black are the same people who have always critized it. Pro is a totally different product than the old Z2, the only similarity is the yummy smell.

Also, the one good thing about clients like that is when they get to see the Z-line up they can tell the quality: the smell, price, packaging and size just spell high end boutique product. Many people are suprised when I tell them to use a different product line on express details, but for high end details I would use the Zaino lineup.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Err, I tend towards Menzerna USA and Poorboy`s products, I`m not particularly sold on the super high-end products. I find that with the exception of Souveran, its all marketing. My uncle buys only the most expensive stuff he can find (all Pinnacle, Sonus, etc), whereas I tend more towards professionally geared products. My cars look better, at half the cost . If I were you, I wouldn`t buy products based on the name, I`d buy based on quality.

My picks

Wash - Meg`s NXT

Clay - Top of the Line

Compound - Menzerna PG/ IP

Polish - Menzerna PO85RD (this is where its worth it to spend the money)

Glaze - VM/RMG

Wax - FK1 Pink, Blue Natty`s, or if you feel like spending the money (this is the only time I`ll back up a boutiquey product (the cost is mostly bouyed by marketing)), Souveran does look pretty sick.

Tire shine - Mother`s Reflections

Wheel Cleaner - Poorboy`s S+R

QD - Poorboy`s S+G

Interior - Poorboy`s NL

The only Zaino product I`d touch is the Z10, but to each his own. Any decent product will do the trick, as long as you put in the time. Some might make it easier than others, but I bet I could get a pretty awesome shine given only OTC products, it would just take me a good bit longer than with my current lineup.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Burlyq

AIO on doorjams, wheels (Zaino glass polish if they are in bad shape), windows.

Z2Pro/ZFX, Z6 (optional), Z8, Z9 and Z10 for leather, Z16 tires (optional).

I carry my handy wax guru tests for new high end clients, with the new z8 it is very easy to "wax" every couple weeks. Just wash and if it`s still Zaino beading, just spray with Z8 and the surface will be smooth as butter, it`s also easier to use than water. To be honest I didn`t prefer the old Z2 on Black, but Z2Pro is my all time favorite product on black. It is deep and wet as anything, IMO. People who criticize the look on black are the same people who have always critized it. Pro is a totally different product than the old Z2, the only similarity is the yummy smell.

Also, the one good thing about clients like that is when they get to see the Z-line up they can tell the quality: the smell, price, packaging and size just spell high end boutique product. Many people are suprised when I tell them to use a different product line on express details, but for high end details I would use the Zaino lineup.

In my opinion....

I think the Zaino product line is quite overrated. And the packaging is REALLY nothing special. The size (?)...it`s an 8 oz bottle; what`s there to it? On top of this, you need to mix the darn thing a certain amount of time before hand with a drop from a 0.0000001 oz vial of blue stuff and wait...why not just go with something quick and easy; get the bottle, squirt some on the app, spread, set, remove! In addition to this, Zaino doesn`t do anything for prep (even though they were stupid enough to call it a "polish")...so he`ll still need a whole lineup for the prep process.

I`d recommend trying the Menzerna line, although PC usage requires a little bit more work time...and if the impression of the product really matters, the truly OEM professional image of Menzerna is assuring, I guess. But like JJ said, Poorboy`s can deliver great results in the sun.

There are tons of good-great products out there. My favorites:

Wash: Top of the Line Bubble Bath. Gentle yet very effective. I would like to try NXT though (isn`t sold locally around here)

Clay: They`re all fine. I switch between Clay Magic and Meguiar`s Quik Clay.

Quick Detail Spray: Lots of great ones. I actually like the new DP Final Gloss whatever it`s called. Leaves a slicker finish than Meg`s #34, a little more slickness than Z6, too.

Aggressive Polish: I`ve tried Optimum and IP. They`re both nice. I especially like Optimum`s flexibility. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The Menzerna line is awesome as well.

Light Polish: Optimum, Final Polish. Ditto.

Glaze: I like VM for it`s filling abilities (for those tough scratches/swirls that didn`t come out), but Sonus Paintwork Cleanser leaves a nice finish, as does DP Final Finishing Polish (very slick).

Sealant: Tons of great ones. UPP, WG (love the deep finish), DP Premium Surface Shield (first impressions good), etc. Poorboy`s line haven`t tried but heard great things from others.

Wax: LOVE Pinnacle Paste Glaz, wanna try Souveran, too.

Interior: Woolite, Zaino Z10 smells good, Meg`s APC great cleaner, get a good set of detail brushes/swabs, Hoover SteamVac Jr./LGCM.

Wheels: EO AZ for heavy, Meg`s APC 1:10 for light.

Tires: Wolfgang Tire Gel, Michelin Spray.

The look of Zaino in general is not always the best on every color. It`s just not a go-to product. I wasted my money on it. HOWEVER, this is all subjective...and the customer will hardly be able to tell the difference between LSPs unless they`re really picky or experienced in detailing/automotive finishes. This is just my take on things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pigeonbus

In my opinion....I think the Zaino product line is quite overrated. And the packaging is REALLY nothing special. The size (?)...it`s an 8 oz bottle; what`s there to it? On top of this, you need to mix the darn thing a certain amount of time before hand with a drop from a 0.0000001 oz vial of blue stuff and wait...why not just go with something quick and easy; get the bottle, squirt some on the app, spread, set, remove! In addition to this, Zaino doesn`t do anything for prep (even though they were stupid enough to call it a "polish")...so he`ll still need a whole lineup for the prep process.

The small bottles are the point of a high end boutique product for a high end detail. Show up with a few gallons of chemical guys stuff and try to tell someone they are getting the best, not happening. I am armed with publications and many polls that always put Zaino on top as part of my portfolio. Quick and easy doesn`t equate to high end, IMO... You get paid for the best work and Zaino is the only product you can have two or more coats of a instantly cured sealant. And yes, you obviously need to polish with a high quality polish like Menzerna if there are swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again everyone. I will definitely try those suggested products. So far, I`ve only made one online purchase for mostly Poorboy`s stuff. Last night I checked the amount of each product I had. There`s enough to do 5 more waxes out of the Natty`s jar and the Pro Polish will do fine for a paint polish. I`m also contemplating sealing it with EX-P if it ends up being a metallic black. :nixweiss

Well, as soon as I run these last bottles of stuff dry, I`ll check out the products you all recommended! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another question:

Since I`ll be washing this car every week and waxing it maybe once per month, what should I do when I wax it? Just an AIO type product or glaze and then wax it or just keep layering the wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO will strip all your good sealant, so you would have to detail all over again. If your using a wax, you might want to use a good strong soap like z7, instead of TOL bubble bath because you will want to get all the gunk out. BTW, TOL Bubble bath is also one of my favorites because it is the most mild I`ve found and I prefer it when washing before adding another coat of sealant, but not for wax. Wax`s in general don`t layer as good as sealants.

If I was you and you were going to use EX-P, I would search and find something that could top that every couple weeks. I have tried z8 with several different sealants, but not PB`s, and it was an excellent topper that made the surface incredibly slick. That`s why for what you are telling me, I think the Z2Pro/ZFX with a follow up with Z8 every few weeks would really meet your needs.

As an alternative, it would be more work but would give you a great look too, is to forget about using a sealant and use a good wax every month and use a stripping product before each waxing. I think the AIO/Nuba look would be preferable. Many people like the glaze/nuba look but I think AIO/Nuba will give you better durabilty, especially on black. I don`t care what anyboby says, you would be lucky to get a wax to last two weeks on a black car in the middle of summer, unless it had added polymers like Pink.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    let me offer my opinion based on the fact that I AM NOT a professional detailer. For an expensive car the client wants to perceive that he`s getting an exclusive product. IMO off the shelf waxes(regardless of how good they are) don`t give that impression. If you use Pro products you probably don`t want to give your secret away and should consider using small bottles without labels. If you`re wanting to upsell an elite product then by all means tell the customer which product you want to use and convince them its the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Pro" products are made to be easy for the user and cheaply so the user can make a good profit period. They are geared to put a quick gloss and don`t take into consideration what might be the best product for the paint or address any durabilty desires. The greater the durabilty, the less a consumer will need to get their car detailed, which is an undesirable outcome for a professional detailer. I would never put any pro product lines in the same quality catagory of the true boutique products lines I use regularly (Zaino, Klasse, Menzerna, etc). Eventually that is why I stopped using pro lines, I prefer the real boutique brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Burlyq

.....I don`t care what anyboby says, you would be lucky to get a wax to last two weeks on a black car in the middle of summer....

Yeah that!!!
    Triple Honda Owner

Thread Information